: Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

CTS-V Wagon
06-19-13, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know or has anyone tried a LS9 engine cover on our engines? The aftermarket is thick with choices.

ptrd
06-19-13, 04:01 PM
I read the ZL1 covers fit (for obvious reasons). I don't really see too many people running the covers though, engine bay pictures I've seen majority have removed the cover (as it just pops off). Heck I might when I get home tonight.

matt116
06-20-13, 01:36 PM
KPE sells one for the V

Jinx
06-21-13, 12:08 AM
I've had several people ask to see under the hood, but all asked knowing there wasn't really anything to look at.

I'm a little jealous of the Camaro ZL1's supercharger. The Caddy unit looks like something you'd find on top of an RV.

Random84
06-23-13, 09:08 AM
I've had several people ask to see under the hood, but all asked knowing there wasn't really anything to look at.

I'm a little jealous of the Camaro ZL1's supercharger. The Caddy unit looks like something you'd find on top of an RV.

I'll bet a phonecall to the local GM parts department could hook you up with A: the cover and B: possibly the lid (if they sell it separately). I agree, the ZL1 is ribbed for our viewing pleasure and looks cooler - but it adds a few ounces of weight!

Jinx
06-23-13, 10:37 AM
I will console myself with the fact that this is a Cadillac, and in a Cadillac the exposure of actual mechanical bits is unseemly.