: 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module

NLCassidy
06-19-13, 03:36 PM
So far, water only seemed to have pooled where the trunk release mechanism is. Any ideas where the leak could be coming from? Dealer had my car all day and could not find it. They will look again when the new module comes in to fix my power liftgate. I do have a sunroof. Could the drains be clogged? I would have thought that would be the first place they looked.

Thanks.

----------

Added info - they can't pinpoint the leak because they couldn't even get the liftgate to open manually and had to crawl into my trunk from the backseat. The leak seems to be coming from the left side. Waiting on the new module then for them to be able to get a better look.

Still would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-19-13, 03:57 PM
So far, water only seemed to have pooled where the trunk release mechanism is. Any ideas where the leak could be coming from? Dealer had my car all day and could not find it. They will look again when the new module comes in to fix my power liftgate. I do have a sunroof. Could the drains be clogged? I would have thought that would be the first place they looked.

Thanks.

----------

Added info - they can't pinpoint the leak because they couldn't even get the liftgate to open manually and had to crawl into my trunk from the backseat. The leak seems to be coming from the left side. Waiting on the new module then for them to be able to get a better look.

Still would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
Hello NLCassidy,

I apologize that the dealership has not been able to find the source of the leak in your SRX. Please keep us updated on the situation, and if you would like me to reach out to them regarding this issue, I’d be more than happy to. Thank you very much for your time. I will look forward to your updates.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Williamrice
06-19-13, 04:47 PM
To NLCassidy,
I have just heard from my Cadillac dealer about the exact same problem. They say my sunroof drains are clogged and water is pooling on the passenger side foot well as well as my lift gate module sitting in water. They say they can unclog the front drain tubes but need to replace each of the rear ones. The total costs is quoted at about $800.00. I am upset and concerned that this problem is not covered by a service recall or warranty. I have looked at other forums and see that this problem has existed on some earlier models and should have been addressed in my owners manual.

Any comments?

Williamrice

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-19-13, 05:42 PM
To NLCassidy,
I have just heard from my Cadillac dealer about the exact same problem. They say my sunroof drains are clogged and water is pooling on the passenger side foot well as well as my lift gate module sitting in water. They say they can unclog the front drain tubes but need to replace each of the rear ones. The total costs is quoted at about $800.00. I am upset and concerned that this problem is not covered by a service recall or warranty. I have looked at other forums and see that this problem has existed on some earlier models and should have been addressed in my owners manual.

Any comments?

Williamrice
Hello Williamrice,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your sunroof leaking in your SRX as well. We look at our customer concerns on a case by case basis and recalls are VIN specific. If you could send me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with, I will be able to look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

etexlady
06-21-13, 10:21 PM
Happened to me too. My service manager said the drain tubes from the roof get clogged, in my case, it was with oak tree pollen, and when it rains the water and pollen mix into a paste. Shorted out the truck lock mechanism. Took them a week to get it repaired. It was a warranty repair, thank goodness.

C5msg
06-25-13, 08:52 PM
Had the exact same problem with my 2011. Liftgate module shorted out while we were on vacation. Luckily everything was covered under warranty. Roof drains were plugged. The Sarasota Cadillac dealer took care of everything. Good thing because the dealer told me it was over $1000. Good luck with your repairs. Sounds like Cadillac has a problem with their roof drains.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-13, 12:49 PM
Had the exact same problem with my 2011. Liftgate module shorted out while we were on vacation. Luckily everything was covered under warranty. Roof drains were plugged. The Sarasota Cadillac dealer took care of everything. Good thing because the dealer told me it was over $1000. Good luck with your repairs. Sounds like Cadillac has a problem with their roof drains.

Hello C5msg,

Glad to hear your repairs were fixed under warranty and you were satisfied with your dealer visit. We can be contacted via private message if there are ever any other concerns your questions you have.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

zinner
06-26-13, 04:24 PM
yeah mine have clogged up also on my 2010 SRX. Both the sunroof and headlights.

repnatl
06-28-13, 10:22 AM
I thought they would have corrected this issue since the first gen was plagued with the same issue.

NLCassidy
06-28-13, 04:45 PM
Hi all. Cadillac is getting fixed today, so unfortunately no updates yet. Was hoping they would call with an update since they had it since 7:30 this morning. While I was waiting in service, I heard them talking about a couple other vehicles with the sunroof drain issues. I bought my Cadillac used from a Chevy dealer. But my factory warranty is still in effect, plus I opted for the extended warranty. Hoping if it is a drain issue, those would be replaced under warranty. We've had quite a rainy season here in New England, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.

davedogcaddy
06-29-13, 12:01 PM
Hi all. Cadillac is getting fixed today, so unfortunately no updates yet. Was hoping they would call with an update since they had it since 7:30 this morning. While I was waiting in service, I heard them talking about a couple other vehicles with the sunroof drain issues. I bought my Cadillac used from a Chevy dealer. But my factory warranty is still in effect, plus I opted for the extended warranty. Hoping if it is a drain issue, those would be replaced under warranty. We've had quite a rainy season here in New England, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.

if it's under the factory warranty it doesn't matter where you bought it, they will cover this issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-30-13, 01:42 PM
NLCassidy,

Any further updates on your SRX? We hope all went well on Friday!

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

NLCassidy
07-01-13, 01:16 PM
Was told on Saturday that there was a leak coming from the sunroof. Supposedly everything was fixed that afternoon, they just had to put everything back together. Still wasn't told if it was the actual sunroof or the drains as I haven't talked to any tecnicians, just a service advisor. They weren't able to get everything back together Saturday and they were closed yesterday. Got another call today saying the technician working on my car had an emergency come up and now they are offering me a loaner. Can't believe someone else can't just put all the panels back. But at least I have something to drive instead of relying on favors from other people.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-01-13, 04:37 PM
Was told on Saturday that there was a leak coming from the sunroof. Supposedly everything was fixed that afternoon, they just had to put everything back together. Still wasn't told if it was the actual sunroof or the drains as I haven't talked to any tecnicians, just a service advisor. They weren't able to get everything back together Saturday and they were closed yesterday. Got another call today saying the technician working on my car had an emergency come up and now they are offering me a loaner. Can't believe someone else can't just put all the panels back. But at least I have something to drive instead of relying on favors from other people.

Hello NLCassidy,

I understand how you want your vehicle back in your hands. I apologize an issue came up with the technician and your vehicle has not been put back together yet. Glad to know the dealer was able to provide you with a loaner vehicle for the time being. Please let us know how everything goes and when you have your vehicle back. If there are ever any concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us! We can be reached via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

deeami
07-02-13, 10:45 AM
I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ruined by water leak.
I havent found out where to purchase the new ones.Can anyone help me ?.thanks a lot

adamjeeps
07-02-13, 01:16 PM
I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ruined by water leak.
I havent found out where to purchase the new ones.Can anyone help me ?.thanks a lot

Don't you have a warranty that would cover this?

NLCassidy
07-02-13, 02:50 PM
Finally got my vehicle back! Clogged sunroof drain and it became disconnected. So everything fixed, and was told they can chekc the drains at no cost anytime I bring the car in for service. Everything covered under warranty thank goodness.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-02-13, 05:03 PM
Finally got my vehicle back! Clogged sunroof drain and it became disconnected. So everything fixed, and was told they can chekc the drains at no cost anytime I bring the car in for service. Everything covered under warranty thank goodness.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Hi NLCassidy,

I am happy to hear your vehicle is back in your hands. That is good news to hear the dealer was able to fix your vehicle issues under warranty. You know how to contact us if there is anything in the near future you would like to further discuss or if you have any other questions.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello deeami,

I apologize that you have experienced the same issue with your SRX. Have you taken your vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis yet? If you would like assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you plan on working with. I see that you are a new user to the forums, so if you are not able to private message me, you can email me at socialmedia@gm.com as well. Be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

deeami
07-04-13, 07:37 AM
:D I already purchased new ones.However, I heard that control module is related to electrical system so i have to install some softwares together with replacing the new parts..Is it right and where to download those softwares ?.

many thanks for those spending time reading this!

TheCaptain
07-04-13, 09:18 PM
Deeami, you're asking questions that the dealer should be dealing with. Hopefully someone has an answer for ya, but its not me...

deeami
07-05-13, 12:36 PM
I just wanna do it myself :)

anyway thank you!

SFVetteman
07-05-13, 02:58 PM
I just wanna do it myself :)

anyway thank you!Assuming there was a site that you could access to download the software, what device do you have that can upload the software into the PCM?

Bill

tsinsurance
12-27-13, 10:12 AM
I have a 2010 SRX. At 57,000 miles on a vehical that is garaged at both home and work, the liftgate module has to be replaced as it shows signs of water damage and rust. $700 to replace regarding a problem that clearly started when our warranty was in force. Per the question somebody posted in this forum.....Why in the world has there not been a recall regarding this common issue? My car passed all water test this morning. No they found no leaks which means this is going to happen again. Not happy at all with this outcome.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-27-13, 05:39 PM
I have a 2010 SRX. At 57,000 miles on a vehical that is garaged at both home and work, the liftgate module has to be replaced as it shows signs of water damage and rust. $700 to replace regarding a problem that clearly started when our warranty was in force. Per the question somebody posted in this forum.....Why in the world has there not been a recall regarding this common issue? My car passed all water test this morning. No they found no leaks which means this is going to happen again. Not happy at all with this outcome.
Hello tsinsurance,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your with your liftgate module in your SRX. I would be more than happy to look further into this concern for you. Could you provide me with your name contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with in a private message? If you aren’t able to private message me, you can also reach me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care