: Tom Brady suing Cadillac

jsmoov24
02-07-05, 01:58 PM
Superbowl winning quaterback for the New England Patriots Tom Brady is reportedly suing cadillac for using his image in advertisements without his permission. apparently cadillac gave him a escalade back in 2002 when he won his 1st superbowl and I believe he got another caddy afterwards and since then cadillac has supposedly used his image and he is suing for $2 million. is it shame on caddy or on him?? i'm a jets fan so I can't stand him or the Patriots:annoyed:

Playdrv4me
02-07-05, 03:45 PM
I cant stand football so I dont really have a vested interest here, but pretty much heres the way it shakes down. When Cadillac delivered the free vehicles to him, there should have been ample paperwork clearly explaining (or even obscurely as long as its there) that they could use him as a promotional device in return for the free vehicles. If this was not explicitly on something he signed, it will be tough to get out of this with out at LEAST a settlement. You can call him unthankful, a bastard and so on for taking the free cars and then suing them, but the bottom line is Cadillac is a large company, and they have lawyers that should prepare them for things like this, because the act of giving away merchandise to status clients is a VERY common one, for most companies just having the person SEEN in their vehicle is usually promotion enough.

DopeStar 156
02-07-05, 05:12 PM
That's really really stupid. Why sue the company who gave you a ****ing free car?! You're in a commercial being associated with the greatest luxury vehicle of all time. I hate stupid jackasses like that, go pump some damn iron and cry about it, you got put on TV, boo-hoo.

Kev
02-07-05, 05:25 PM
That's really really stupid. Why sue the company who gave you a ****ing free car?! You're in a commercial being associated with the greatest luxury vehicle of all time. I hate stupid jackasses like that, go pump some damn iron and cry about it, you got put on TV, boo-hoo.
Maybe he didn't like the color?

Kev

Playdrv4me
02-07-05, 06:18 PM

Keep in mind I didnt say I empathized with him, Im just stating the facts.

gordon87
02-07-05, 06:36 PM
I believe that Cadillac had an endorsement deal with Tom Brady, and accidentally used his picture for a short period of time after it expired. Apparently, Cadillac tried to settle, but Tom was asking for too much for an honest mistake.

Elvis
02-07-05, 06:42 PM
There's a conflict here--Brady does a Sirius ad with John Madden. Didn't GM buy a piece of XM?

gothicaleigh
02-07-05, 07:19 PM
GM owns Hughes (bought in 1985 and merged with Delco). Hughes owns DirecTV. DirecTV, Hughes, and GM own XM.

illumina
02-07-05, 10:46 PM
Tom Brady should sue Donovan Mcnabb for playing like a jackass last night! That was the most pitiful, piss-poor, lame-assed, sickening, trifling, vomit-inducing, gut-wrenching, pointless, sad, and terrible excuse of a game last night...Then again, had the Eagles taken Ricky Williams in that draft...:helpless:

Kev
02-08-05, 12:23 AM
Tom Brady should sue Donovan Mcnabb for playing like a jackass last night! That was the most pitiful, piss-poor, lame-assed, sickening, trifling, vomit-inducing, gut-wrenching, pointless, sad, and terrible excuse of a game last night...Then again, had the Eagles taken Ricky Williams in that draft...:helpless:
There we go again, more sugar coating! C'mon guys, this is not healthy! We need to get in touch we our inner selves and learn to express and communicate our true feelings! :rant2:

Kev

jsmoov24
02-08-05, 09:32 AM
i watch espn all the time and listen to espn radio and the other sport stations on xm radio and i am sooo tired of hearing how great tom brady is and how is he the next joe montana and how coach bill belichick is such genius:madtalkin blahblahblahblah... lets get onto baseball season. i dread basketball thisyear, i'm a diehard ny knicks fan adn to say the least we stink....:mad: LET'S GO METS!!!:thumbsup:

STL-CTS
02-08-05, 10:50 AM
Suing Cadillac over using your picture too long, how picky can he get? He must be gay.

Elvis
02-08-05, 11:22 AM
i am sooo tired of hearing how great tom brady is and how is he the next joe montana and how coach bill belichick is such genius:madtalkin blahblahblahblah... lets get onto baseball season. i dread basketball thisyear, i'm a diehard ny knicks fan adn to say the least we stink....:mad: LET'S GO METS!!!:thumbsup:

1) Brady isn't the "next" anything. Let him stand on his own. We all heard how Kurt Warner was the "next Montana" and look where he ended up. Brady is good, but he has a good system. I'm not sure he would be such a great QB in Cleveland or New Orleans.

2) Belichick IS a damn fine coach. I'm not a Patriots fan, but you have to admire the blue-collar work ethic that team has, despite winning 3 of 4 Super Bowls. Dallas was insufferable after doing that in 92, 93, & 95. They got too arrogant and didn't win again.

3) Your Knicks aren't as big a bust as my Memphis Tigers. We've had players living with hookers, another beat up his girlfriend, the big star wasn't going to class and got kicked off the team--then HE got busted for possession.

4) I'm ready for baseball too. Pitchers & catchers report in 9 days.

Performance Park
02-09-05, 08:46 PM
Suing Cadillac over using your picture too long, how picky can he get? He must be gay.
I don't think he is gay, but this just goes to further show that people will sue over anything!

flutie flakes
02-10-05, 02:12 AM
That's stupid! Go buffalo, Flutie was the man!

Realtor1
02-10-05, 02:01 PM

And where would they be had they taken Ricky Williams...in the same boat as the Dolphins...Die RIcky Die

Realtor1
02-10-05, 02:02 PM
Would love to see the FREE Cadillac they gave him turn into CHristine and run his dumb ass over

Rob_M
02-10-05, 04:37 PM
LOL. Thats some funny sh#T! It's just like that dude from Folgers label that got paid $250 and then sued and got awarded millions. I mean, yeah, he got a free badass car, then on the other hand, all of a sudden your picture is popin up all over the place. Yeah, I guess if there's no contract, then they shouldn't do it. But, I love Cadillac more that Brady. So, who cares!!! LOL! I want to be burried in a Cadillac or have nice shiny Cadillac hood ornament on my coffin! Oh yeah, and Sterling Silver if they have it still......