: Wheel Hop Issue Info From Gm

V-FORCE
02-07-05, 06:20 AM
3 DAYS AGO I GOT A RESPONCE FROM GM CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER ABOUT AN E-MAIL THAT I SENT TO THEM ABOUT THE WHEEL HOP ISSUE THAT ALL OF US ARE HAVING. SHE (CHERYL ZERBE) SAID TO ME THAT THEY WHERE NOT AWARE OF A WHEEL HOP OR REAR END PROBLEM :bonkers: WITH THE V. AS TO WHAT I REPLYED WAS FOR THEM TO CHECK THE CADILLAC OWNERS WEB PAGE AND THEY WOULD SEE THIS ISSUE.SHE ALSO NEW ABOUT THE BUSHING REPLACEMENT BUT WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS SOLVING THE REAR END ISSUE AND I REPLYED I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT GM WAS NOT AWARE OF ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE V'S REAR END. :banghead: ANY HOW SHE SAID THAT SHE WAS GOING TO START A FILE ON THIS WHEEL HOP ISSUE AND PASS IT ALONG TO THE CORRECT DEPT. :annoyed: SO FELLOW V OWNERS HERE'S HER E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER. assist@cadillac.com (assist@cadillac.com,1866-932-4368 EXT 38483 .PLEASE),1866-932-4368 EXT 38483 .PLEASE SEND HER AND E-MAIL CONCERNING THE WHEEL HOP SO SHE CAN SEE THAT THIS IS A CONCERN ABOUT THE V'S REAR END. BECAUSE THE MORE ANOYD WE GET THEM THE FAST SHE WILL FOWARED IT TO THE RIGHT DEPT.

jdodman
02-07-05, 07:36 AM
Funny. I got the same rep, and the same 'I never heard of this before' reaction.

V-FORCE
02-07-05, 07:42 AM
I THINK THAT GM IS PLAYING WITH US. THEY THINK THAT WE ARE FOOL'S. :tisk:

jdodman
02-07-05, 07:50 AM
She did point out they had just recived a sheet load of mail regarding the problem, but was still looking into it... I guess that means the campaign to bury them with mail on this issue has worked in getting their attention.

I also got the - 'How about if we extended your warranty to say 7 years, 70k miles' ?? I said, no thanks, I would rather get it fixed.

Katshot
02-07-05, 08:43 AM
Come on guys, have you never dealt with a car company concerning an issue like this before? That's the "corporate line". And here's the employee handbook for customer service reps;

1. Act interested in the customer's complaint.
2. Always act as if you've never heard the complaint before.
3. Take down all pertinant info about the customer complaint.
4. Be apologetic with the customer.
5. Assure the customer that you will start a file on their concern(s) ASAP.
6. Make sure customer feels that you're concerned about their issue.
7. Always end the conversation with the question "is there anything else we can do for you?"
8. Thanks the customer for taking the time to make the company aware of the problem.
9. Hang-up, delete file and take next call ASAP.

Samboosa
02-07-05, 08:59 AM
Actually they will tell you it's a "Unique feature" of the V.
Read: http://www.gmtechlink.com/images/issues/sep04/TLsept04e.html#story6

lasstss
02-07-05, 09:40 AM
I got the same BS line from them also. I e mailed every Cadillac rep in the GM media site. I called them on the phone, I turned the issue in to NHSTA.

Nothing........ Gm doesent do anything unless government forced or a dozen people die. Look at the history...

CTSV05
02-07-05, 10:08 AM
What a crock:

"Rear Axle Hop
In extreme loss of drive wheel traction or abusive applications of power, the independent 5-link rear suspension will exhibit an abrupt wheel/axle hop."

She has called me as well, wait til I can finally speak with her, I'm coming right to this post!!!!!

urbanski
02-07-05, 10:45 AM
holy cow man
caps lock OFF

ctsvett
02-07-05, 01:11 PM
e-mail sent... why not... if everyone sends an e-mail, they will have to listen eventually.. then at least she can't say: "I've never heard of that before"

edit:
I think its BS that they dont know about it BTW:
See this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27136&

We all got calls from a survey company asking about the CTS-V. We all said wheel hop was a problem. When I said "wheel hop," the guy I talked to said, "Yeah, everyone has been saying that!." They dont know my a$$.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

NIK
02-07-05, 01:36 PM
Just received a call from Cheryl's rep - said Cheryl is tied up but did want to touch base with me concerning the wheel hop issue. I replied, "yeah, me and a thousand more" to which she replied "So I've heard." So they are fully aware of the problem! She did say that Cheryl will be getting back to me soon. It looks like our E-Mail campaign may be getting some attention!

thebigjimsho
02-07-05, 01:42 PM
holy cow man
caps lock OFF
No kidding, yell at GM, don't yell at us.

globed70
02-07-05, 01:47 PM
I contacted Mark LaNeve, head of Caddy, about the problem a few months ago. He stated that they would fix my wheelhop (in e-mail). He then had a senior rep call from their office, who claimed to know nothing of the problem.

After researching the problem with engineers, he said they wanted to have a rep come see my car and have me exhibit the problem. At the same time, he also mentioned this was a normal operating characteristic of the multi-link rear suspension. Therefore, they wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with "my" particular car. I am not going to waste my time, and replied to LaNeve's e-mail letting him know I was far from satisfied.

When I bought the car in March 2004, I did speak to the engineer heading the CTS-V program, who also mentioned the multi-link BS thing, as well as cold roads... blah, blah, blah.

lawfive
02-07-05, 05:19 PM
I am not going to waste my time, and replied to LaNeve's e-mail letting him know I was far from satisfied.

Maybe you could share LaNeve's email address... ? Worst case: if we all write, he'll be forced to pay for a good anti-spam package. :rant2:

globed70
02-07-05, 06:00 PM
I am uncomfortable providing phone numbers and e-mail addresses to an open audience, but anyone is free to contact GM... and their naming convention for e-mails is very obvious for most names.... very.obvious@gm.com :sneaky:

DgtalPimp
02-07-05, 06:13 PM
:sneaky: