: Automatic level ride system replacement for hearse

06-19-13, 07:46 AM
I have a 1991 Fleetwood Brougham based hearse. I need to replace the rear shocks, as they've leaked and are no longer effective. I took it in to have this done, and was told they can't get a direct replacement
and most likely would have to convert to either a manual air lift, or a passive . Really? Is there a replacement shock available that will permit me to continue using the electronic ride leveler system?
Thanks in advance

06-19-13, 08:14 AM
Long shot ............ Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac, over there >>>>>>>>

Business hours, M-S, EDT

06-19-13, 10:04 AM
I just doublechecked rockauto to make sure and it shows the Monroe MA819 airshocks fit. That's what I have on my 78 fleetwood and they work great. You also have to buy the AK16 kit to change the hose ends to fit these shocks but that's it. They're great air shocks and still made in the usa. You can find them on rockauto.com, napa sells them, or you can get them on ebay. They're really not too hard to change yoruself but if you want to have somebody do it I would just buy the shocks and kit online then bring them with you to the mechanic and have them put them on.

06-19-13, 10:36 AM
Fleetwood472 has it exactly right. The original shocks have one shock with an inlet AND an outlet to go to the other shock that has only one inlet. Replacements only have one inlet each. That's why you need the adapter kit to hook up your stock single line to both new shocks.

06-19-13, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the input guys.