: Muffler delete sound clip *videos inside*

Famous556
06-19-13, 03:51 AM
Hi everyone. I just took a few quick videos of my 2007 V. Not soon after I bought the car I was wanting a more aggressive exhaust sound so I went to a shop and had a muffler delete done with 3.5" stainless tips. Just thought I would share a few of my sound videos.

If you've got a computer with good speakers you'll appreciate these a lot more. They don't sound very good on my laptop but the desktop with good speakers really illustrates the sound well. Videos were taken with a gopro. Sorry for the weird aspect ratio.

Here's one flat out from a near idle launch.

http://youtu.be/5x37RWGfdL4

Here is what it sounds like just driving around with shifts about 2-3k but not higher than 3k.

http://youtu.be/9eJN8_9XCH8

Hope you enjoy and if there is an exhaust sound thread point me in the right direction so I can add them in there.

Thanks for looking

odla
06-26-13, 12:51 AM
Thanks. Any drone on highway?

Fastone27
06-26-13, 01:32 PM
Since i have done the same mod i will jump in and say .... Hell yes there's drone!:suspect: But i don't use mine and many long trips ( i say that but I'm driving 4 hours down to Savannah in mine this weekend!) But its not to bad. Its mostly in the 2 to 25 hundred rpm range. But it does sound so much better now. But i am eventually going to put mufflers back on mine.

odla
06-26-13, 02:56 PM
Good to know. Thanks.

Famous556
06-27-13, 12:09 PM
To add to that. Yes there is drone but its minimal. It is worst under high throttle angle/low rpm situations such as cruise control keeping 55-60 up a hill in 6th. Ordinary freeway driving at 60-80 is largely drone free and not at all loud or obnoxious. I'm very happy with the sound of the exhaust. Not too loud and a really good sound.

Faber
06-27-13, 01:29 PM
thanks for sharing & nice job rolling that stop sign at 18 seconds in...lol.

Famous556
06-27-13, 06:10 PM
Yeah it's a lazy small town road with no traffic and clear views both ways. I don't feel bad about it.

Pillow
06-28-13, 05:31 PM
He totally paused! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Becker
06-30-13, 08:37 PM
Haha ya that was good, let me just add +1 for the GoPro mount.. like a champ

philistine
07-02-13, 12:07 AM
I had this muffler delete for a year when I first purchased my CTS-V. It's different but I eventually replaced it...the entire exhaust system. The drone got annoying.

Famous556
07-03-13, 01:33 PM
Yeah everybody talks about the drone with this mod but I really don't find it to be bad at all. I used to have a 94 caprice with an lt1 and had a 2.5" exhaust with cats x pipe and hooker aero chamber mufflers. That setup had way more drone than this does by far and was louder. Maybe my resonator is still in really good shape

amunderdog
07-03-13, 01:41 PM
I still believe a Cadillac should be silent.
To the point you have to look at the instrument panel to see if it is running.

Famous556
07-06-13, 03:34 AM

That's fair... and you're entitled to your opinion, but this Cadillac is in a whole different class than a 90s Deville or SLS. My father has a 1995 fleetwood and that car is classy and dead silent with good power, but Cadillac has moved from producing smooth floating luxury cars to producing more of a luxury sports car with the CTS-V. There are a lot of folks on here with much louder exhausts than mine. This car was never designed to be like the Cadillac of yesteryear.

ls6v
07-06-13, 08:33 AM

Haha I love this. Any Cadillac without a V on the side maybe...

seeyouinajif
07-06-13, 12:26 PM
Haha I love this. Any Cadillac without a V on the side maybe...

Agreed. I would add make any automatic as quiet as you want but you should be able to hear the exhaust on a stick shift, I hate having to watch rpms when shifting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)