: 2004 Escalade Air Ride NOT Level

wlalone92802
06-19-13, 12:09 AM
Hi. New to the forums, so Hello everyone!! Just bought a 2004 Escalade with about 67k miles on it. It has 26" rims and the air compressor assembly had been removed previously....So I bought a new air compressor assembly and installed it and only the rear lifts up and now just looks ridiculous. How do I adjust the front shocks to level it out and/or lower the rear ride height to make it not so jacked up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

the cadillac man
06-19-13, 12:22 AM
Hi. New to the forums, so Hello everyone!! Just bought a 2004 Escalade with about 67k miles on it. It has 26" rims and the air compressor assembly had been removed previously....So I bought a new air compressor assembly and installed it and only the rear lifts up and now just looks ridiculous. How do I adjust the front shocks to level it out and/or lower the rear ride height to make it not so jacked up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

That is the normal ride hight of the escalade as the rear shocks are auto leveling
You can modify the rear lift/dive sensors some and it will lower the rear back down to what you are used to
Mine is like this and I don't mind it but the sagging the truck did before you replaced the compressor was because of it not having the load leveling compressor to level out the truck
It also lowers the rear some at higher speeds to increase stability(I have had mine up to 100mph before and it is very stable yet smooth)

wlalone92802
06-19-13, 12:31 AM
Can the front be lifted at all? Are the front shocks electronic and do they allow for much adjustment?

mikedyk43
06-19-13, 01:40 AM
Can the front be lifted at all? Are the front shocks electronic and do they allow for much adjustment?

The front can be lifted by tightening the tension bolts on the front torsion bars. They are located under the vehicle approx even with the front doors. You will only be able to adjust about two inches before the camber will not be correctable and you will definitely need an alignment after adjusting. An easier fix would be to shorten the auto level dive switch rods that Cadillac Man already mentioned. They can be accessed by removing the rear wheels.