: St Louis Auto Show (Pics) - I'm allergic to Ford! (Really)

Jesda
02-06-05, 10:48 PM
I discovered I was allergic to Ford products.

http://jesda.spilky.com/stlautoshow/index.html

Playdrv4me
02-06-05, 11:03 PM
LMAO, that was great. Of all of that you know what was the only thing that actually got my attention? The Lincoln Town Car interior...

Kev
02-06-05, 11:17 PM
Nice pics, thanks for the tour!
So, what was it about the Chrysler Firepower that you didn't like? (jk)
The mid-engine Ford GT looks mighty spanky!
I would've been right there with you on the Charger thing. 4 doors? NEVER!! :helpless:

Thanks Jesda!

Kev

Ralph
02-06-05, 11:40 PM
Terrific pics!

I liked the look of the new Eclipse, and I guess they got some investiment from Peugeot (sp?) so they may not go bankrupt.

I like that green colour of the Mustang.

The Firepower was cool, although it seemed a bit short.

The Ford GT sure looks like the 1960's version, especially in those pics!

Always love the XLR, and I like that crimson colour.

majax
02-07-05, 12:32 AM
great presentation.

Maybe the Ford people used a certain cleaner that irritated your skin, hmm.

Sandy
02-07-05, 01:47 AM
Obvious that Ford stole the show. From the georgious interior of the Town Car to the all new Mustang, the Ford GT and the new Mercury Montego and over to the Jags and the Avator and Mazda6...WOW. That reaction you had was to the cleaning fluid(s) the guy who cleaned the Ford interiors used. It happened to me in 1988 at the Chrysler exhibit in the NYC show, same thing, exactly! I lie the Q45 alot. How come no pic of the Audi S4 375HP V-8 Convert ?? Nor the SRT-10 (wasn't there?) ....and WHERE were the Oldsmobiles? :violin: Should have had a moment of silence in respect! Why was nobody "interested" in the NSX ??? Was it like that all day, of just the moment you were there?? Nice pics. Thanks! {Lay off the junk food}

Jesda
02-07-05, 05:36 AM
I'm not really a truck man. I sort of whizzed by the DC, GM, and Ford trucks unless something caught my eye, like the Hummer, Mark LT, and Envoy XUV. I also skipped BMW and Honda, except to take a quick look at the Ridgeline. It was placed right at the entrance and its glaring hideousness really turned heads.

Audi had a pretty poor showing. Their best vehicle (A8) was locked. Nothing really interesting like the S4 was there. They ran out of brochures too.

I really liked the Jags. I felt weird in the X-type. I said to the guy in the other seat, "Wow, I'm feeling cramped in a Jaguar. Isnt that weird?"

People looked at the NSX but it didnt get the oohs and ahhs that the TL did.

Playdrv4me
02-07-05, 06:09 AM
Do you know if the Audi was the 6.0L W12 version? The one they showcased here was the W12, beautiful car (also locked). It had fingerprint starting, and a wireless fax machine in the back seat.

RBraczyk
02-07-05, 06:51 AM
Them mazda six's are pigs, their only about 200 pounds lighter than my truck.

Jesda
02-07-05, 08:34 AM
3000-3300 lbs depending on engine and options for the 6.

4700lbs for the full size Blazer.

RBraczyk
02-07-05, 11:39 AM
Uh, Its 3900.....

D148L0
02-07-05, 11:50 AM
Great tour, excellent pics.
However, I must say I didn't think of you as one of those persons that qualifies a (any) car as "gay". Too bad.

Jesda
02-07-05, 02:34 PM
My gay friends tell me pretty accurately when a car is gay; we often agree.

Regarding the Blazer, the smaller LS is 3900 lbs. The two-door full size Blazer/Tahoe is 4700.

Not sure what engine was in the Audi A8. I ignored it since I couldnt get in.

c5 rv
02-07-05, 08:07 PM
For all of you going to auto shows and posting pictures:

- More pictures of girls by and inside cars
- No more Honda Ridgeline pictures, unless there are really good looking girls beside it.
- No more pictures of the HHR, even if there are girls in the picture.

Thank you!