: Subwoofer install...lol

caddy4sho
02-06-05, 05:43 PM
Yeah i know. Another thread about installing my subs. lol sry. I've installed on other cars before but installing them on my catera has been a pain. Im having trouble accessing the firewall(to dril a hole for the power cable). Under the hood of the catera is so packed i can barely even see it. Does anybody know what i could easily take off so i could access the wall and jus put it back on( if so u got instructions too lol). For anyone whose done this before...what'd u do. Whered u drill that dang hole? Also i got the adapter for the RCA plugs but now im having some difficulty knowing which wires to connect in the back of the radio. ANy help with that would be great too. Pictures and diagrams are always the best lol. And jeff g thanx w/ those last 2 problems...the links u gave me were exactly what i was looking for. Thanx

Vesicant
02-06-05, 06:39 PM
Im not great with stereo/entertainment ... so i copied this post into the entertainment area of the fourms.

chuckdobbins
02-08-05, 02:10 AM
i was afraid to go through my firewall. so i snaked it through a door jamb and into the glove box. it sounds risky with the hinges and all...but as long as the cable sits behind the hinge its ok. ive had mine like that for almost 2 years.

D148L0
02-08-05, 11:06 AM
Just make sure to seal the hole. Apply silicon or something similar to avoid the entrance of toxic fumes to the passenger area.

chadillac
02-25-05, 01:42 PM
I always go into a boot that is already there...Watch out for YELLOW wires! (Airbag)
Always use loom to protect from grounding wire wear.

90Brougham350
02-25-05, 11:12 PM
When I ran the power and ground cable for my 11 dollar lincoln amp, I went through the rubber grommet the antenna cable goes through right infront of the passenger door. Works like a charm.

Brian