: Loose cts-v manual shift arn

CaddyDerek999
06-18-13, 06:55 PM
I just took my v for a rip and after a quick hard shift the knob arm assembly came loose, I opened it up and it looks like the arm is just set on the pin that goes I to the transmission with adhesive. There is no way to tighten it back up?? Has anyone dealt with this problem if so how do I get it tight again? Please help

Dr. Design
06-18-13, 06:58 PM
First we have heard about that. Clearly you are shifting with too much awesomeness! :highfive: Was there a linkage pin missing?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I just took my v for a rip and after a quick hard shift the knob arm assembly came loose, I opened it up and it looks like the arm is just set on the pin that goes I to the transmission with adhesive. There is no way to tighten it back up?? Has anyone dealt with this problem if so how do I get it tight again? Please help

CaddyDerek999
06-18-13, 07:14 PM
Wow thanks for the quick response! And I love what you guys are doing over there at D3, there is a linkage pin in the assembly that is fine but the whole arm slides over a little nub sticking out of the transmission that has no hardware to tighten it looks like some adhesive was used from the factory? I'm not sure how this could be properly fixed, any suggestions?

CaddyDerek999
06-18-13, 07:27 PM
First we have heard about that. Clearly you are shifting with too much awesomeness! :highfive: Was there a linkage pin missing?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

There is a linkage pin higher on the arm that seems fine here are a couple pics

cts-v ls6
06-19-13, 08:27 AM
There is a shifter recall on the V2's. I have a 2010 6-sp manual sedan. It was getting difficult to shift normally. i read about the recall on this forum, printed the pages and took them and the car in to my local dealer. They replaced the shifter and ever since, the thing shifts smooth as silk.

Jack

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-19-13, 11:37 AM
There is a shifter recall on the V2's. I have a 2010 6-sp manual sedan. It was getting difficult to shift normally. i read about the recall on this forum, printed the pages and took them and the car in to my local dealer. They replaced the shifter and ever since, the thing shifts smooth as silk.

Jack

Hello Jack,

I am happy your vehicle shifter was able to be replaced by the dealer and that it is working great now. Continue to enjoy your CTS-V!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Dr. Design
06-19-13, 02:39 PM
Double check the base to see if there is a provision for a set screw.

CaddyDerek999
06-20-13, 09:15 PM

Jack

Hey jack,

I called my Cadillac dealership, in calgary and they say they have never heard of such a recall, do you know where I could find any information on this? Thanks!