: Cadillac Under 5 Seconds

Clintonwmills
02-06-05, 05:30 PM
I just saw the Cadillac Under 5 Seconds video conest.
www.cadillacunder5.com (http://www.cadillacunder5.com/)
It looks awesome and I want to enter. I can get my hands on an Escalade, Escalade EXT, XLR and possibly XLR V, being from BG, KY. and my CTS-V. I want to use these cars in my video entry. It can only be five seconds long (very short). I need some great ideas!
Any suggestions?

Z06CTSV
02-06-05, 06:54 PM
My 11 year old is the director in the family. Have to check with him for ideas.

Joe
New Orleans

ctsvett
02-07-05, 12:56 AM
Hurry.. Read the ifne print, only first 3000 entries are accepted.

Filmed yesterday, edited last night, submitted this morning..

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

ssmith100
02-07-05, 08:29 PM
Talked to the director of marketing for Cadillac on the ride over for the Superbowl yesterday. He said they can't wait to see what people are going to send in. Really nice guy. I asked him how they we're able to get the CTS-V under five seconds since the wheel hop is so bad. He kind of looked at me with the blank look on his face.:cookoo:

Shane

urbanski
02-07-05, 08:49 PM
Shane
on a completely different subject...I tried to PM you, your box is full :(

Harley Guy
02-08-05, 01:46 PM
OK... here is my idea for the 5 sec. video. Very attactive, sexy woman leaning agianst a V. Looks into the camera and says "Fast is not always a good thing!":lildevil:

thebigjimsho
02-08-05, 03:43 PM
OK... here is my idea for the 5 sec. video. Very attactive, sexy woman leaning agianst a V. Looks into the camera and says "Fast is not always a good thing!":lildevil:
So you'll be suggesting to everybody that our Vs are slow?

trukk
02-08-05, 04:19 PM
How about this:

Scene 1: 2.0 Seconds.
bottom of screen: SHAKEN
Video Clip: Ridiculous CTS-V wheel hop

Scene 2: 2.0 Seconds.
bottom of screen: NOT STIRRED
Video Clip: Competing car doing a burn out.

Scene 3: 1 Second
Center of Screen: NOT YOUR FATHERS CADILLAC
Video Clip: Black Screen

I'd love to see their reaction to that one.

-Chris

trekster
02-08-05, 05:23 PM
How about this:

-Chris LOL GO FOR IT

DgtalPimp
02-08-05, 05:26 PM
How about this:

-Chris

I vote for it!

homer403
02-08-05, 05:27 PM
Oh please do it.... that would be too funny.:lildevil:

DgtalPimp
02-08-05, 05:28 PM
Any one here got the Shawn Connery voice? (For the voice over)

Harley Guy
02-08-05, 06:39 PM
So you'll be suggesting to everybody that our Vs are slow?

Ok... Let me try this thought again. Woman looks a V and says "When he is with her, fast is good. When he is with me, fast is not good". She winks into camera.

CVP33
02-08-05, 09:36 PM
Here's mine:

Scene opens with a front view of a Leather Jacket clad John Travolta and a V off camera with LS6 in full song.

He stares directly into the camera and says "Some people wonder what the V stands for"

Just then a V slides by 3/4 view with the rear tires ablaze, smoke pooring off of them.

Camera back on John Travolta. Again staring into the camera says "Who gives a shit?!"

Camera angle now behind John T. His leather jacket has a huge V emblem embroidered on it.

Scene close. V emblem fades in and then out.

trukk
02-08-05, 11:18 PM
Here's mine:

Scene opens with a front view of a Leather Jacket clad John Travolta and a V off camera with LS6 in full song.

He stares directly into the camera and says "Some people wonder what the V stands for"

Just then a V slides by 3/4 view with the rear tires ablaze, smoke pooring off of them.

Camera back on John Travolta. Again staring into the camera says "Who gives a shit?!"

Camera angle now behind John T. His leather jacket has a huge V emblem embroidered on it.

Scene close. V emblem fades in and then out.

So I can determine whether to laugh or cry: Is that the long haired Vinny Barbarino John Travolta, or the chicklet capped teeth Battlefield Earth scientologist John Travolta?

Just wondering,

Chris

CVP33
02-08-05, 11:31 PM
So I can determine whether to laugh or cry: Is that the long haired Vinny Barbarino John Travolta, or the chicklet capped teeth Battlefield Earth scientologist John Travolta?

Just wondering,

Chris

Neither. Think Pulp Fiction. Samuel L. Jackson can be in the commercial too.

DgtalPimp
02-09-05, 02:38 AM

Just wondering,

Chris

Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter (you do the voice)

:histeric:

Chicklet.

:histeric:

Thinkmatt
02-09-05, 10:41 AM
Is it everyone's opinion that the video MUST have some tie in with Cadillac? All of the suggestions here say that, but the web sites examples have absolutely nothing to do with Cadillac.

DgtalPimp
02-09-05, 01:06 PM
The first prize is a V so I think it should have something to do with a V at least.

Maybe a future V, Esclade V, Deville V, Take my "Daddy's caddy" and V it (read old cady with a blown LS7 :lildevil: ) , show folks getting V crazy and putting V logos on every thing?

Thinkmatt
02-09-05, 02:12 PM
Well, it sorta has to do with the V-series. I just submitted it. I wanted to make sure that I got in under that 300 entry wire. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will hit 3k sooner than Feb 17th. Just a hunch.

Filmed, Editted, Submitted....Fingers crossed. (as a former fast GM car owner, I'd LOVE to get into something like this. I'm too young/early in my career to afford one outright. Last car-heavily modded 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP)

Clintonwmills
02-09-05, 11:27 PM
no it does not have to have a CTS V in your movie.

I have finished mine, but i do not want to post it until the contest is over, just in case! If anyone else wants to post now or later i would love to see! I can't wait to see what the winning video will look like. Be cool... you only have 5 seconds!

Clintonwmills
02-09-05, 11:30 PM
by the way i did use my V to get that creative edge!

ctsvett
02-10-05, 03:16 AM
For all who made a 5 second video, when the contest is closed, I will host everyone's 5 second videos on the FAQ.

Please upload them to DGTAL's FTP site:
Here are the instructions:

If you want to use IE ten follow the instructions below.
To access FTP sites directly
1. In the Address bar, type the Internet address (URL) for the FTP site you want to connect to. For example:
ftp://63.214.169.210
2. Do one or more of the following:
o To download a file or folder, right-click the item on the page, and then click Copy to Folder.
o To log on as a different user to this FTP site, on the File menu, click Login As.
o To rename or delete items in an FTP folder, or paste items into an FTP site (upload), you can use the same commands and actions you use with Windows Explorer or My Computer.

trukk
02-25-05, 08:42 AM
Looks like they selected a winner. Quote says it was 'random' drawing.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/022505/bus_20050225006.shtml

Time to start uploading your submissions. I for one would like to see them.

The caddy specific info from the article is quoted below:

GM's Cadillac Motor Division also signed up this year as the automotive sponsor for the Oscars.

One of the ads will feature a short film about the new 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Twenty-year-old Devin Doyle's film was randomly selected from more than 2,500 submissions to air during the 30-second ad.

Titled, "Ready For Winter," the highlighted film is about a boy who is desperate to go sledding, despite the current weather conditions.

"We felt like getting ready for winter was something that lots of people can relate to," Doyle said of his film.

During the Oscar telecast, Cadillac also will air one 60-second commercial and four 30-second spots, advertising the division's V-series performance cars and its SRX SUV.

Prior to the Oscars telecast, GM will host a fashion show that showcases top celebrities wearing the latest fashions matched with GM products, including current concept cars and production vehicles.

"In a city where cars are seen as fashion accessories, people are able to express their individual senses of style with their cars and trucks," said Mike Jackson, general manager of GM's western region. "The unique car culture of Los Angeles and the excitement of awards season made this the perfect night to toast Hollywood and showcase some of the hottest vehicles on the road today."

-Chris

trukk
02-25-05, 04:21 PM
another link

http://i-newswire.com/pr8266.html

-Chris

lasstss
02-25-05, 04:34 PM
Im so glad they have done this! Lets see Caddy BS their way out of us smacking a few gears after this is released. :lildevil: