: Gauge Placement

JB_V
06-18-13, 03:46 PM
Guys -

I am about to get some work done to my V and in the process will add a few gauges (wideband 02 and Nitrous pressure). My original intent was to hide them, but after reading a few posts that seems to be defeating the purpose of monitoring them, especially the wide band. i did look around and did not see any aftermarket guage pods. Are there folks here that are running additional gauges and if so, where exactly have you mounted them?

Appreciate any input you might have.

-JB

boomys10
06-18-13, 06:06 PM
the a pillar is normaly your best bet. you can quickly fab an exsisting pillar setup to fit.

Psycho-albanian
06-18-13, 06:20 PM
Gonna be hard doing a pillar gauges because of the air bag.

boomys10
06-18-13, 06:43 PM
those can be disconnected. but i didnt say that. lol

1madstsv
06-18-13, 07:26 PM
I just have a guage on the bottle in my corvette no need to have one any where else. The only time you need to keep the same psi in the bottle is if you are trying to run bracket races at the track and need to run the same every time. On the street not that big of A deal if you have low psi and only make 85hp instead of 100hp. As for air fuel I also would not bother you are not going to have time to look at any of that if you are spraying on the street. You are going to have your hands full trying to keep out of the ditch. I know trust me.

TimmyC
06-20-13, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't worry about nitrous pressure but the wideband is nice. I have one in my car but it is not mounted because I don't intend on leaving it in there forever. It has been 2 years though ;)

JB_V
06-20-13, 02:18 PM
Thanks Tim. Where exactly do you have it sitting and how are you securing it? Seems like some temp mounting option is the way to go - don't really want to cut up anything.

TimmyC
06-21-13, 01:33 PM
I just stuck it between the seat and the center console.