: '05 Philly Auto Show

Katshot
02-06-05, 03:22 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I went to the car show today and here's a few of my pctures. I'm mainly going to post some interior pics and they should illustrate why I think the STS has a boring, uninspiring interior.
First up, MY DREAM CAR!!!! :yup:
And a couple runner's up.

Katshot
02-06-05, 03:25 PM
Ok, now how about the STS and DTS interiors. To be honest, I like the DTS's interior WAY better.

Katshot
02-06-05, 03:31 PM
Now the challengers.

Katshot
02-06-05, 03:34 PM
So what do you all think?

Ralph
02-06-05, 03:58 PM
What's the silver car in the top pic?? Something Italian no doubt?

Katshot
02-06-05, 04:00 PM
Saleen S7
IMO, THE ultimate supercar.

Ralph
02-06-05, 04:13 PM
Now the challengers.

The lexus interior seems the most boring.

I like the Infinities color leather but I prefer lighter wood.

The VW is beautiful but again, that dark colored interior with nice light wood. :cookoo:

Here is my Dad's DTS interior. For some reason, in person, the dash doesn't look as dark as the picture. The discontinued Oatmeal color of the leather make it all worth it imo.

Playdrv4me
02-06-05, 04:21 PM
The RL has hands down thebest interior up there, and I dunno if its just the way the picture looks or what, but that is a MASSIVE Nav screen.

Katshot
02-06-05, 05:20 PM
The RL does have a beautiful interior. I wish I'd taken a better picture of the Q45's seats. If you ever get a chance to see them, take a look. They are so different in shape and so comfortable. Like fancy furniture in a store.

Ralph
02-06-05, 05:27 PM
One issue my Dad mentioned with the DTS is the carpeting. It's not the thick, plush carpet that you saw on my 1991, but it's more like the headliner material. A thin layer of that smooth cloth-like material.

I imagine all new Cadillacs have this for carpeting and maybe it's to save money? Someonr commented on it a while back in the 2005 STS forum.

Did you notice what type of material the cars at the show used?

2004ctsv
02-06-05, 05:29 PM
At the Houston Auto Show, Cadillac had the front spot and the CTSV was the first car to greet visitors. There was a Sixteen and a nice STS on display.

There was a cut away of the N* that made me wonder. The starter motor is in the Vee between the banks of cylinders and looks to be only accessible by pulling the engine.

As you would expect in Texas, there were a lot of trucks. Huge monsters that I'm sure someone will buy.

Tony

majax
02-06-05, 05:32 PM
I like the RL interior the best also. I wish I could make it to the Spokane auto show to see them:banghead: .

The main goal with the STS interior was to make it very functional. Notice how all the interiors except the STS follow that pattern that makes the dash look like it flows into the back seat. The lexus interior is my least favorite and that flip down thing looks like something you'd hit your knee on and break off.

How long do you have to wait to get your dads car Ralph, lol.

The carpet in our STS is nice, the difference between it and the old Deville is that in the Deville the carpet is loose and more shag like. In the STS its a thicker carpet with less nap to it. They are both nice. Personaly the STS carpet seems easier to clean.:thumbsup:

Ralph
02-06-05, 05:41 PM
How long do you have to wait to get your dads car Ralph, lol.

LOL!! Might be a long wait. :lildevil:

majax
02-06-05, 05:44 PM
LOL!! Might be a long wait. :lildevil:

Well once his eye sight is gone you can just sneek into his garage one nite and switch Devilles.:thumbsup: :yup: :sneaky:

airbalancer
02-06-05, 06:39 PM
it is hard tell which is the best from pics,
Did see you the Saturn Sky? What did you think of it?

Katshot
02-07-05, 09:28 AM
Yes, it was there, and yes, I like it a lot. I was hoping that they would have the new Saturn sedan too but they didn't.

Katshot
02-07-05, 10:44 AM
Hey Ralph,
Here's some pics of M/B interiors. Got them from their website since tha cars were locked up at the show. I'll take ANY of these interiors.

D148L0
02-07-05, 11:38 AM
Hey Ralph,
Here's some pics of M/B interiors. Got them from their website since tha cars were locked up at the show. I'll take ANY of these interiors.
Nice...

BeelzeBob
02-07-05, 01:20 PM
I'm big on comfortable seats and those Q45 seats really stuck out to me...

Katshot
02-07-05, 01:44 PM
I'm big on comfortable seats and those Q45 seats really stuck out to me...

I just wish I had gotten a better picture of the driver's seat. You gotta see it from the front 3/4 angle. It reminds me of a designer chair you'd have in your house.

BeelzeBob
02-07-05, 01:46 PM
How do they feel? The most comfortable seat I've ever sat in was the premium Lexus LS430.. Have you sat in both? If so, could you compare?

Katshot
02-07-05, 02:14 PM
I sat in the Q and it was REAL comfy. My father-in-law sat in the LS430 but I didn't, so I can't compare them.

Katshot
02-07-05, 02:30 PM
Sal,
Check out this picture of the Q's interior.

Kev
02-07-05, 02:30 PM
Hey Ralph,
I hope they have softened them up some. I took an extended road trip with a friend in an early 90's MB 500, the big 4 door sedan. It had a beautifull fawn colored leather interior. The seats looked plush but, they were so firm (definitely German uhpolstery! :disappoin) that after a couple of hours of driving I was begining to boubt that I still had an a**, I couldn't feel it anymore! I actually missed the broken down seat and unmerecifully tight suspension of my Mustang before that trip was over.

Kev

Jesda
02-07-05, 02:45 PM
I agree on the RL. High class all the way, except outside where it gently conveys midsize economy.

I think Caddy's straight dash lines follow the exterior theme, the way Jaguar's straight yet curved dash follow their body styles.

Ralph
02-07-05, 08:51 PM
Hey Ralph,

All too dark except the 5th one from the left. :lildevil:

You know what is a nice, unique interior...the Maxima with the rear center counsole. I've seen them with a panoramic sunroof and orange seats.(interesting orange coloured exterior also)

DaveSmed
02-07-05, 08:53 PM
When did you go? Sunday? How was the crowd?

Katshot
02-08-05, 09:14 AM
We got there around 9:30 and left around 11:00. Very few people there when we got there, and still fairly small crowds by the time we left. Did you go?

DaveSmed
02-08-05, 11:14 PM
Yea, saturday and today. I somehow ended up with more free tickets than I could figure out what to do with. I still have two left out of six, and they come with a show program (VIP tickets). Other than the few you mentioned, anything else particularly catch your eye? The Buick concept was kinda neat, Twin turbo 6 cyl RWD. http://www.buick.com/about/velite/explore/

Hmm the size limit for pictures got smaller. I'll try to host these at some point.