: Cadillac ATS Woes...

EnvoyBu
06-18-13, 03:13 AM
I've run into a lot of problems with my ATS lately.

Some include some nasty creaks and rattles, steering that sounds like it came out of a wooden ship, and poor fit and finish, which included the HomeLink panel falling out and as a result rendering it useless.

Here are some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHTCX8oavMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klq7T_f6sq0

I'm really starting to have second thoughts about the car and am thinking about asking my dealer on how to have GM buy the car back or at least give me a new one.

Mullah88
06-18-13, 03:31 AM
It's still under warranty?...get it fixed

EnvoyBu
06-18-13, 03:57 AM
It's still under warranty?...get it fixed

They "fixed" the rattle already, but they clearly didn't do a good job fixing it. :(

Siren05
06-18-13, 08:18 AM
All vehicles have rattles, bugs,etc does not matter GM,Lexus,Mercedes etc.

bungee91
06-18-13, 09:32 AM
I have no rattles, I'd say get it fixed!

MASCAD
06-18-13, 01:11 PM
All vehicles have rattles, bugs,etc does not matter GM,Lexus,Mercedes etc.

Not sure about Lexus or Mercedes but the 3.6 ATS4 Performance I have is absolutely rattle free and this is on local roads that are just a step up from cart paths.

EnvoyBu
06-18-13, 03:49 PM
The sad thing is before I got the car, I started a thread on squeaks and rattles regarding the ATS.

And now, I guess I found out first hand. :bigroll:

Lmanaro
06-18-13, 06:20 PM
I had a the steering wheel issue. Cadillac repaired it. Bulletin #pic5729 and removed acoustic foam from steering shaft and replaced the sir coil in the steering column for a noise when turning

EnvoyBu
06-19-13, 03:25 AM
I had a the steering wheel issue. Cadillac repaired it. Bulletin #pic5729 and removed acoustic foam from steering shaft and replaced the sir coil in the steering column for a noise when turning

Did it sound like mine?

rokkerz
04-14-14, 10:15 AM
We have a sound exactly like your second video. It seems to be coming from the headliner near the OnStar button. It's in now for the second time trying to correct.

Some include some nasty creaks and rattles, steering that sounds like it came out of a wooden ship, and poor fit and finish, which included the HomeLink panel falling out and as a result rendering it useless.

Here are some videos:

I'm really starting to have second thoughts about the car and am thinking about asking my dealer on how to have GM buy the car back or at least give me a new one.

Stevo Supremo
04-14-14, 10:59 AM
lol sounds like a ship steering wheel haha! mine did that, I just took it in and well I dont know what they did but they fixed it.

listrats
04-14-14, 05:24 PM
Yea thats some annoying rattling, but there is probably some screw or clip loose. I really dont see GM buying back a car because of a rattle that likely has a simple fix.

carpenter
04-14-14, 05:31 PM
Yea thats some annoying rattling, but there is probably some screw or clip loose. I really dont see GM buying back a car because of a rattle that likely has a simple fix.

I don't know what other issues he ended up with in all, but they did buy it back and he got a 2014 ATS.

ATSandSRXinMD
04-15-14, 12:21 PM

Here are some videos:

I've had the same issues with the steering wheel and rattling (passenger seat, headliner, dashboard) - I've taken mine to the dealership three times and they've had the car for a total of nearly three weeks and have fixed none of the problems. There was a GM bulletin about a shim in the seats for rattling and I had to get it for them and it unfortunately did not correct the issue.

I'd posted a thread hoping someone from Cadillac could step in to help since my dealer has not been able to but have not seen a response. It is especially frustrating since I come from a line of GM employees and have purchased two SRX's and this ATS in the last two years. The SRX's have been great but I dread driving the ATS because of how annoying the rattling, squeaking, creaking, and other issues are.

I've been eyeing getting out of it and into something else - Cadillac or not. I'm amazed that Cadillac bought back yours and got you into a new one - I'd be ecstatic if they could do the same for me. I'm just waiting for the payoff to match its value before I abandon ship.

EnvoyBu
04-15-14, 02:40 PM
Yep, in case anyone didn't know, Cadillac bought my car back and reimbursed me every penny I paid for the car (including my lease pull-ahead!).

Link: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/buyback-how-gm-retained-customer-145466/

Also, today marks the one year anniversary of me picking up my first ATS. My, how time flies...

mikesblueats
04-15-14, 03:40 PM
Anyone else that has the manual transmission have a squeaky clutch pedal? My dealer lubed it up during inspection but only worked for about a week.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-15-14, 05:31 PM
We have a sound exactly like your second video. It seems to be coming from the headliner near the OnStar button. It's in now for the second time trying to correct.

Hi rokkerz,

I apologize for the noise you are dealing with and I can see why it would be concerning. I am glad that you are working with the dealership to resolve the issue, but if you would like any additional assistance in resolving the issue, you can send me a PM and I will reach out to the dealership. Please keep the forum posted on how the repairs go.

Hope you have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Anyone else that has the manual transmission have a squeaky clutch pedal? My dealer lubed it up during inspection but only worked for about a week.

Hello mikesblueats,

I can see where a squeaky clutch pedal would be both concerning and aggravating. Have you contacted your dealership since the initial visit? If you would like me to look in to your concern from my end, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

carpenter
04-15-14, 05:35 PM

I too have this rattle in the overhead area near the map lights. (are they still called map lights? lol) Mine is 100% in that little overhead area because I can push up lightly on if and it will stop while going over bumps. Then I let go and immediately that rattle is there. Mine is not overly loud, but I notice it and it bugs me as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-15-14, 05:57 PM
I too have this rattle in the overhead are near the map lights. (are they still called map lights? lol) Mine is 100% in that little overhead area because I can push up lightly on if and it will stop while going over bumps. Then I let go an immediately that rattle is there. Mine is not overly loud, but I notice it and it bugs me as well.

Hi carpenter,

I can understand how that rattle would be annoying. I know you see us pretty frequently on the forum, but I just wanted to give a friendly reminder that if you ever would like some assistance you can always send a PM our way.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

SLA
04-15-14, 06:02 PM

yup!

joewins
04-15-14, 07:31 PM
I too have this rattle in the overhead are near the map lights. (are they still called map lights? lol) Mine is 100% in that little overhead area because I can push up lightly on if and it will stop while going over bumps. Then I let go an immediately that rattle is there. Mine is not overly loud, but I notice it and it bugs me as well.

Had this as well, seemed to be coming from the homelink buttons. The dealer insulated it and it's silent now...

mikesblueats
04-15-14, 07:52 PM
yup!

Glad I'm not the only one!

marktanner
04-17-14, 10:17 AM
MikesblueATS, the squeaky clutch pedal is a known issue. I believe there is a TSB on it. Mine developed it in February, and at my next service, the clutch pedal assembly was replaced. Have your dealer do the same. It didn't seem to be a big deal.

mikesblueats
04-17-14, 01:09 PM
MikesblueATS, the squeaky clutch pedal is a known issue. I believe there is a TSB on it. Mine developed it in February, and at my next service, the clutch pedal assembly was replaced. Have your dealer do the same. It didn't seem to be a big deal.

Will do mark thanks for the info

ILoveJuicySteak
04-18-14, 05:44 AM
Due ad a rattle that the dealer couldn't figure out.... Turns out that it was justmy garage opener jiggling Due to the base.

1tattooedkid
07-22-14, 03:44 PM
My clutch has been squeaking for a few weeks, taking it in to the dealership Friday afternoon.

UPDATE: I got my car back from the dealer Saturday morning, they disassembled and re-lubed the entire clutch system. No more squeaks, and the gears shift smoother now (not that it was ever stiff) . Satisfied, but keeping an eye on it.

After I got home from the dealership and was wiping down the seats and vacuuming the carpets I noticed the stitching splitting in the drivers seat. Not something I should be experiencing at 6,500 miles. Dropped it back off this morning, and I am in my 3rd rental in less than 4 months.

Chadillac76
07-23-14, 11:31 AM

Here are some videos:

My interior rattles sound exactly like your second video. Oh no!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-23-14, 11:27 PM
My clutch has been squeaking for a few weeks, taking it in to the dealership Friday afternoon.

Hello 1tattooedkid,

I saw a similar post of yours on another thread and wanted to reach out. Please send me a PM if you would like to discuss your clutch issues further.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

duneless
07-24-14, 03:31 AM
Wow that is a crazy story man. Glad to hear that it all turned out well.
Yep, in case anyone didn't know, Cadillac bought my car back and reimbursed me every penny I paid for the car (including my lease pull-ahead!).

Link: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/buyback-how-gm-retained-customer-145466/

Also, today marks the one year anniversary of me picking up my first ATS. My, how time flies...