Cadillac Owners Forum banner

installing Camshaft Position Actuator Housing Assembly

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1BadCadSTS 
#1 ·
I Removed the Camshaft front cover on my 2005 Cadillac STS, V8 Northstar Engine. I am in the process of replacing the gaskets and reinstalling it but I would like some better instructions on how to align the position actuator solenoids to the camshaft position actuator oil control valves on the end of the camshafts. I have the GM manual with the b/w pictures but it is still not clear. Does anyone have better instructions they could share with real pictures maybe??? Please help.

gm instructions.http://www.justanswer.com/cadillac/4241z-replace-camshaft-position-actuator-solenoid-cadillac.html

#3 ·
I am also trying to replace the camshaft position actuator solenoid for intake and exhaust on my 2005 sts v8. Any part numbers on them? Also, do they need to be reprogrammed by the dealer or is that just for the sensors not the actuator solenoids? Any help would be appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.