: Tell me about the 2nd gen SRX...

nycnorb
06-17-13, 11:18 PM
Hi guys,

A good buddy of mine is looking to pick up a 2010/11 SRX (also considering an MDX) and while I'm usually well-versed with cars, I am not familiar with the Caddy offerings. What should he look out for? Is there an engine/tranny combination that is bulletproof?

Thanks in advance

adamjeeps
06-17-13, 11:22 PM
Most everyone says the 3.6 in the 2012 is much better than 10-11 engines.

witz5557
06-18-13, 08:24 AM
I love my 2012 SRX Performance and find the engine more than adequate. No issues with the car so far. I would stay away from the Chrome Tech wheels based on some complaints I have read about (pitting, peeling). So far I have not had any issues with my wheels but I do keep them clean and try to wash off any winter road salt as soon as possible. The pick-up capabilities with the 2012 vs 2010/2011 is better in my opinion.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 03:50 PM
I love my 2012 SRX Performance and find the engine more than adequate. No issues with the car so far. I would stay away from the Chrome Tech wheels based on some complaints I have read about (pitting, peeling). So far I have not had any issues with my wheels but I do keep them clean and try to wash off any winter road salt as soon as possible. The pick-up capabilities with the 2012 vs 2010/2011 is better in my opinion.

Hello witz5557,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am also happy to hear you love your 2012 SRX Performance and are satisfied with its engine.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

ezstriper
06-18-13, 04:43 PM
I also held out for a 2012 to get the 3.6 and heated steering wheel... love it....

packardv8
06-20-13, 11:49 AM
Just one man's opinion of his wife's 2011 3.0 AWD.

It's a great all around all-wheel-drive for snow country with flash styling, lots of bells and whistles. If one doesn't need the AWD, then it's overweight, underpowered, uses too much fuel. On a used car, the options are what they are, but drive one overnight in a variety of daily uses. She still missed the audible parking sensors which weren't on hers. Your opinions and results may vary.

jack vines

retcad
07-05-13, 11:10 PM
2010 SRX base 3.0 Front wheel drive.

Here in Mass, blew threw last winters' blizzards with no problem (turn off trac control if buried in snow and backing up). 103 degrees today. No snow. Airco is great!

My friend's Jeep has AWD. He called me as they were towing him out of a ditch last January. AWD is good, but it doesn't mean you're Clark Kent.

300:29:1
07-06-13, 11:06 AM
2010 SRX base 3.0 Front wheel drive.

Here in Mass, blew threw last winters' blizzards with no problem (turn off trac control if buried in snow and backing up). 103 degrees today. No snow. Airco is great!

My friend's Jeep has AWD. He called me as they were towing him out of a ditch last January. AWD is good, but it doesn't mean you're Clark Kent.
I found the AWD on my '12 SRX to be fantastic and sure footed in the snow in Central New York State. The SRX feels like it's solidly planted on the road in rain as well. I don't try to drive like it's dry on the road, but the system does it's job well.