: Riding rough

jlt1699
06-17-13, 11:14 PM
Hello,
I just recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum edition with less than 30,000 miles on it. I have only driven it about 185 miles and it rides rough. I can feel every bump pr hump or imperfection in the road. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Any one have any thoughts on what it might be?

Is it possible it was lowered and then put back to factory?

blackex
06-18-13, 07:26 AM
Could be lowered, does it have aftermarket wheels and tires? Is there much gap between the wheels and the fenders or the rear end sagging?

jlt1699
06-18-13, 09:00 AM
No it has factory wheels and rims. And what I believe to be normal gap between the tires and fenders.

corvette00
06-18-13, 09:47 AM
How much air are you running in the tires

jlt1699
06-18-13, 10:13 AM
38-39

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 10:53 AM
Hello,
I just recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum edition with less than 30,000 miles on it. I have only driven it about 185 miles and it rides rough. I can feel every bump pr hump or imperfection in the road. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Any one have any thoughts on what it might be?

Is it possible it was lowered and then put back to factory?

Hello jlt1699,

Congrats on your recent Escalade purchase! I am unable to offer any advice because I am not a certified technician, however I would like to further discuss these concerns with you and see if we can work with the dealership. If you please private message me with your contact information and VIN with current mileage I am more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
06-18-13, 11:05 AM
Check your tires cold at 35/36, if you are at 38/39 cold they will be running in the low to mid 40's when they get hot, it will give you a very rough ride. Check your shock for leakage too

56geo
06-19-13, 03:50 AM
I had a 2009 Buick Enclave traded it in on a 2010 Escalade the caddy rides just like my 2012 Gmc 1/2 ton pick-up the Buick rode great compared to the Escalade

lod03
06-19-13, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but what is recommended for 18's stock rims & tires

WHEAT40201
06-20-13, 07:22 PM
That happened to me about a year ago on a 2009. One of my front shocks had frozen up and the other front shock was leaking. I had to replace them both and had a front end alignment.
Now I think my back ones need to be looked at because it is riding rough again.

a_alkhateb
06-23-13, 03:19 PM
A question guys. Assuming there is issue on the shock Absorber , freezes or leakage or whatever , shouldn't we get warning or any error message on the driver instrument panel ? Like check engine. Because I feel the same thing on my 09 escalade , sometimes. Feel it's rough , good idea to check the air pressure

blackex
06-24-13, 10:47 AM
You may get a service suspension system message but usually anything to do with the front struts doesn't appear as a warning message.

jlt1699
06-27-13, 11:05 PM
I was told I needed my right front strut replaced.
Just saw where someone posted that Escalades don't have struts????

Would 1 strut make the whole car ride bad?

hcvone
06-28-13, 07:00 AM
Could someone show me these struts? All full size GM trucks have SHOCKS, if your dealership thinks these trucks have struts, or call them struts, then go find another dealership because they probably are not fit to repair your truck correctly. Seriously. :)

evois
06-29-13, 12:08 AM
Could someone show me these struts? All full size GM trucks have SHOCKS, if your dealership thinks these trucks have struts, or call them struts, then go find another dealership because they probably are not fit to repair your truck correctly. Seriously. :)

the front is technically a strut but GM somehow calls them a shock which is a pain because majorguard gm warranty will replace it for free if it was a strut. But since GM calls it a shock, they cannot cover it. How convenient!

y22kc
06-29-13, 01:57 PM
I just went through the same thing on my wife's 2008 Escalade Platinum with 110k miles. I don't drive it much, but we went a small road trip, and it beat me up! Once we got home, I inspected the front shocks. Both were wet, so I ordered some OE shocks from rockauto. Once I got to installing them, I found the passenger one was the really bad one, driver's was seeping. After replacement, it rode much better. Feels a little rough from the rear, and the rear shocks look a little wet like oil leaking from them. I'm probably gonna use the arnotts for the rear since they are about $120 cheaper for the pair.

snidebj
01-08-14, 12:38 PM
My Escalade with 1500 miles on it is still riding likes its on 4 steel posts. No codes appearing on the DIC. Tire pressures are at 35psi. Going back to the dealer for other issues this Thursday and I will have them check out the MRC.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-08-14, 03:44 PM
My Escalade with 1500 miles on it is still riding likes its on 4 steel posts. No codes appearing on the DIC. Tire pressures are at 35psi. Going back to the dealer for other issues this Thursday and I will have them check out the MRC.

Hello Brian,

I am sorry for any concerns you are experiencing with your Escalade. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

snidebj
01-11-14, 03:38 PM
I got so frustrated I tried a trick we used to use when our 1980's/90's vehicles had electric/electronic hiccups. I pulled the positive battery cable off for an hour or so, but usually just a few minutes works just to see if it would possibly work. WORKED!! Stereo now works - all the stereo/nav buttons work - phone now works - suspension is much better, softer ride but the vibration is still there.

So its now 3 hours later and the radio does not work, phone out, suspension harder than a rock! Vibrations are back to where they were previously, probably because the suspension tightened up again.

Pulled the battery cable for the second time and everything is working again radio, buttons, phone button, suspension softened up.

No codes showing on the DIC.

Uhm............inquiring minds want to know!