: Tires

jerryp740
06-17-13, 09:48 PM
Can I put tires on the back of my CTS SPORT WAGON AWD that are larger than the front tires as long as the rim size is the same?

gohawks63
06-17-13, 09:58 PM
Can I put tires on the back of my CTS SPORT WAGON AWD that are larger than the front tires as long as the rim size is the same?

The coupe has 1/2wider tires in the back so I would assume the wagon can accommodate the same.

billeee
06-18-13, 09:07 AM
Check the outside diameter (all tires of the same rim size do not have the same outer diameter). If different than stock, it could cause a problem with speedometer calibration. If different than front it could cause a problem with the ABS.

C "T" ess
06-18-13, 10:43 AM
You also have to be concerned about the effect on your AWD. If you are going to the same wheel tire combination, only wider in the rear, you should be good. As mentioned above, different diameters could have the ability to cause a host of problems.

Tsirpas
06-19-13, 11:33 AM
I have the cts-v rims on my AWD sedan, which the rear rims are wider than the front. The only tire sizing that was suggested to be safe for me was 245/50/19 and 275/45/19 for the same diameter in the front and back and to ensure an equal spin.

tinman
06-19-13, 11:42 AM
Width should make no difference at all to the best of my knowledge. O.D. is another story. To check the OD of different tires, look here:

http://1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp