: Peculiar Lack of Customer Service

kipsts
06-17-13, 09:13 PM
As those of you who have followed my posting here and on the STS forums know I am very positive on Cadillac and the 7 STSs and XTS I have owned. I just got off the phone with GM Cadillac Customer Service who was following up on a comment I had made a couple of days ago regarding OnStar. I had received a call from OnStar to extend my coverage on SilverFox, my Platinum XTS. I told the individual that before I would consider extending my coverage I wanted to receive a 3 month extension on my current year of OnStar service. Some of you may recall if you purchased one of the first XTSs as I did, that you received a letter from GM informing us that the Automatic Crash Response system had not been working properly and in essence would not notify OnStar in the event of a crash. Kind of a big thing...They did resolve the issue by a visit to the dealer to have the software reprogrammed since they were not able to do it remotely. At any rate, if you were like me, you had lost 3 months of that very important safety coverage, so it would seem logical that GM would extend the coverage by three months. The OnStar representative told me they could not help with this but I should contact GM Customer Assistance which I did. Apparently according the call I just received from GM Cadillac Customer Assistance, after thinking about it for two days, they are not going to offer any extension.

Wow, I wonder what their cost would have been to do it versus the ill-will they have generated by not doing it for free? :( I will certainly think twice about renewing my OnStar now.

OnStar Advisor
06-18-13, 02:19 PM
kipsts,

I would like to look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to further assist. Can you please send me your account and contact information here: http://bit.ly/10XAM43. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

kipsts
06-18-13, 03:11 PM
kipsts,

I would like to look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to further assist. Can you please send me your account and contact information here: http://bit.ly/10XAM43. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team Thank you Jessica. I will do it shortly.

----------

:2thumbs:Now I am pleased to report that I was contacted by Jessica, OnStar Advisor, Customer Service Exemplar! She called me very shortly after receiving additional information on SilverFox and resolved my issue.:cool2:

OnStar Advisor
06-18-13, 03:40 PM
Thank you Jessica. I will do it shortly.

----------

:2thumbs:Now I am pleased to report that I was contacted by Jessica, OnStar Advisor, Customer Service Exemplar! She called me very shortly after receiving additional information on SilverFox and resolved my issue.:cool2:

It was my pleasure kipsts! Thank you for the kind words! I'm always happy to help. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 07:43 PM
As those of you who have followed my posting here and on the STS forums know I am very positive on Cadillac and the 7 STSs and XTS I have owned. I just got off the phone with GM Cadillac Customer Service who was following up on a comment I had made a couple of days ago regarding OnStar. I had received a call from OnStar to extend my coverage on SilverFox, my Platinum XTS. I told the individual that before I would consider extending my coverage I wanted to receive a 3 month extension on my current year of OnStar service. Some of you may recall if you purchased one of the first XTSs as I did, that you received a letter from GM informing us that the Automatic Crash Response system had not been working properly and in essence would not notify OnStar in the event of a crash. Kind of a big thing...They did resolve the issue by a visit to the dealer to have the software reprogrammed since they were not able to do it remotely. At any rate, if you were like me, you had lost 3 months of that very important safety coverage, so it would seem logical that GM would extend the coverage by three months. The OnStar representative told me they could not help with this but I should contact GM Customer Assistance which I did. Apparently according the call I just received from GM Cadillac Customer Assistance, after thinking about it for two days, they are not going to offer any extension.

Wow, I wonder what their cost would have been to do it versus the ill-will they have generated by not doing it for free? :( I will certainly think twice about renewing my OnStar now.

Hello kipsts,

I am happy to hear that Jessica has been able to help you with what you were seeking. If you experience any other concerns regarding your vehicle, I would be more than happy to address them for you. Just private message Laura or I. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

kipsts
06-18-13, 08:01 PM
Thank you Gregory.