: Brakes feel spongy

orandaberg
06-17-13, 04:30 PM
So.... got the car back together, bled the brakes today, I used a vacuum system with air which literally sucks the fluid through the lines. Looks like I got enough air out, I bled till I saw no air bubbles and locked the nipple on each calliper. But the brakes feel a lot more spongy then with the original lines. Any tips, should I go to the garage and do another bleed sequence, I thought about running the car up on ramps and doing another bleed sequence. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

glake89
06-17-13, 05:07 PM
Did you bleed from the MC first? Do it again and then cycle the ABS pump, you may have air there. Read about pressure bleeding in SM.

orandaberg
06-18-13, 05:53 AM
Better now, I did another manual bleed, I suppose I cycled the ABS pump when I was test driving it, there was some air and I no longer get that swoosh sound in the interior brake pedal when applied, now its firm and quiet to press

ktr-sb
06-20-13, 01:34 PM
When you say manual bleed, do you mean having someone pump and pressurize the brake, then opening the wheel cylinder bleeder valve? Or just gravity bleed?

orandaberg
06-20-13, 01:52 PM
I used a vacume system with air supply, crack open the nipple with a 10mm and suck the fluid thru the line till its solid and tighten the nipple then refill the resovoir and start the process with the rest