: HDD softkey on NAV screen 2013 CTS

07cts
06-17-13, 02:31 PM
Just purchased new 2013 CTS and recorded my music files from USB to the HDD but when selecting HDD source, only the playlist softkey at the bottom of the nav screen works. The others, Songs, Albums, Artists just go blank for a few seconds when touched. I can still access these lists through the center screen control. These softkeys work however when selecting AUX as source. Anyone have this too?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-17-13, 03:13 PM
Just purchased new 2013 CTS and recorded my music files from USB to the HDD but when selecting HDD source, only the playlist softkey at the bottom of the nav screen works. The others, Songs, Albums, Artists just go blank for a few seconds when touched. I can still access these lists through the center screen control. These softkeys work however when selecting AUX as source. Anyone have this too?

Hello 07cts,

Congrats on your new CTS! I hope you are enjoying it :) Do you have the CUE system or the non-CUE? I am just wondering so I can provide you with the correct general support phone number who will be able to further assist you with this.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

gohawks63
06-17-13, 03:27 PM

That's how I believe it works. Turn the dial around the center menu button. You will then get a menu that allows you to select by title, artist, album, etc.

07cts
06-17-13, 04:51 PM
That's how I believe it works. Turn the dial around the center menu button. You will then get a menu that allows you to select by title, artist, album, etc.

Yes it works that way but not if you press the softkeys on the bottom of the screen. The softkeys on the bottom do work in AUX though which makes me feel something is odd.

----------

Hello 07cts,

Congrats on your new CTS! I hope you are enjoying it :) Do you have the CUE system or the non-CUE? I am just wondering so I can provide you with the correct general support phone number who will be able to further assist you with this.

Laura M.

The 2013 CTS does not have CUE :)

MoFex
06-17-13, 05:44 PM

And thanks gods for that! ;)

The_Judge
06-17-13, 06:04 PM
You're absolutely right -- those buttons at the bottom of the audio screen don't do anything AFAIK (except for the random and playlist buttons). Moreover, the way the thing work is very poorly explained in the manual.

Here's how to access the lists of songs, albums, artists -- just touch the large button in the middle of the screen, as shown below, and you'll get another menu that lets you select a list of artists, etc.:

07cts
06-17-13, 06:09 PM
And thanks gods for that! ;)

Agreed!

I didn't like it either nor many of the other changes in direction Cadillac has chosen to follow in 2014. Skip the arcade and just give me the tried and true mechanical controls particularily when it's -45C in the dead of winter :)y

----------

You're absolutely right -- those buttons at the bottom of the audio screen don't do anything AFAIK (except for the random and playlist buttons). Moreover, the way the thing work is very poorly explained in the manual.

Here's how to access the lists of songs, albums, artists -- just touch the large button in the middle of the screen, as shown below, and you'll get another menu that lets you select a list of artists, etc.:

Yes I can either access those functions by pressing in the center of the screen or using the round menu dial but what makes it odd is that all those bottom buttons do work in AUX mode with USB connected?

The_Judge
06-17-13, 07:37 PM
One thing you may not be aware of is that the car's 40GB HDD holds only 9GB of music as the rest is allocated to the NAV system and data. A thumb drive in the USB port can hold much more, obviously -- I have a 32GB drive in it filled with music.

07cts
06-17-13, 08:43 PM
One thing you may not be aware of is that the car's 40GB HDD holds only 9GB of music as the rest is allocated to the NAV system and data. A thumb drive in the USB port can hold much more, obviously -- I have a 32GB drive in it filled with music.

Yes I did read that and also use a 32GB USB but I don't like how long it takes to read and scan I'd tags after I take it out to add more songs.

The_Judge
06-17-13, 08:58 PM
Agreed -- very slow. But there's always the radio while you're waiting.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 09:46 AM
Yes it works that way but not if you press the softkeys on the bottom of the screen. The softkeys on the bottom do work in AUX though which makes me feel something is odd.

----------

Hello 07cts,

The Infotainment Customer Support Group can be reached at 855-478-7767, Hours of operation: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Seven days a week. I hope this helps! Please reach out to me again via private message if other concerns or questions arise.

Regards,

Laura M.