: ATS in black/white camo on the road still?

HurstGN
06-17-13, 12:48 PM
OK, so I'm driving home from work last week in Pittsburgh and it was about 7:20-ish as I crossed the West End Bridge. This bridge has a decent crown, so you really can't see more then halfway across. Over the crown of the bridge I see a camouflaged car like all the spy photos we see online. This was the black and white straight lines. The grill area was covered in a black screening cloth. As we were both doing 35-40, the look see I got was very quick, but it was a Cadillac ATS. At first I thought it might be a CTS, but I determined that by the fact it was smaller and the location for the Cadillac logo was centered in the grill area, not up into the hood trim like what's been shown on the new CTS. I have no idea how many doors it had, but it was an ATS.

Does anyone know why an ATS would be on the road in full camo? And in Pittsburgh? There's no car shows or anything I'm aware of...maybe visiting a dealership, but why in camo?

It was neat to see, but odd at the same time.

reciprocity
06-17-13, 02:18 PM
Could have been an ATS-V or ATS coupe. Or maybe it's just a mule they're continuing to use for other purposes (updated software configurations or things that would change independently of the stock hardware configuration).

BreakingThrough
06-17-13, 04:40 PM
I agree with reciprocity. Probably an ATS-V or ATS coupe. I see camo'd all the time here in the LAX area of Los Angeles. Probably because Honda and Toyota have operations nearby. I always wonder what non-enthusiasts think when they see a camo'd vehicle cruising down the road next to them.

Loveldos
06-17-13, 08:52 PM
Maybe the car was en route to a cross-country destination and being used by the Manufacturer for real-world testing? I agree, it was likely an ATS "V-Series" or ATS Coupe version. Last July, I posted an Opulent Blue ATS Sedan I saw parked in downtown Pittsburgh on a Saturday, wearing Manufacturer's plates. The production ATS was not at dealerships for at least two or three more months . . .

Vanilla Wagon
06-18-13, 08:29 AM
Pittsburgh is a great place to test cars. Bad roads, lots of hills. Cars really get a workout. Saw a Buick Encore in camo almost 2 years ago roaming the streets of Pittsburgh. Not really an uncommon site.

tinman
06-19-13, 03:14 PM
Naw, Vanilla Wagon, I gotta disagree with you and agree with the OP. Why would anybody want to be in Pittsburgh? :stirpot:

Jon
06-19-13, 09:23 PM
ATS-V or ATS V-Sport?

Vanilla Wagon
06-19-13, 11:33 PM
Naw, Vanilla Wagon, I gotta disagree with you and agree with the OP. Why would anybody want to be in Pittsburgh? :stirpot:

Sure beats Florida. Only good thing in Florida is Disneyworld. You can keep the oppressive heat, yearly hurricanes, the unexpected sinkhole and all the bugs. Give me Pittsburgh anytime. :lildevil:

jeffc83
06-20-13, 07:50 AM
Sure beats Florida. Only good thing in Florida is Disneyworld. You can keep the oppressive heat, yearly hurricanes, the unexpected sinkhole and all the bugs. Give me Pittsburgh anytime. :lildevil:

Agreed except there are TWO good things in Florida: Key West and Disney World!

tinman
06-20-13, 08:03 AM
Disneyworld is good?

We know the Bruins are!:want:

----------

It seems that most of the problems created by mother nature are everywhere else but in Florida. Floods along the Mississippi, Tornadoes in the Midwest, Hurricanes along the Eastern Seaboard. We may have been lucky over the last decade, but it hasn't been too bad here.
Remember, I am in the very northeast portion of Florida. We get seasons here so, yes, it is hot in the summertime (well, ah, yeah), but October to May is fantastic. You have winter, we have summer. Life is a compromise.

jeffc83
06-20-13, 08:06 AM
Disneyworld is good?

We know the Bruins are!:want:

----------

It seems that most of the problems created by mother nature are everywhere else but in Florida. Floods along the Mississippi, Tornadoes in the Midwest, Hurricanes along the Eastern Seaboard. We may have been lucky over the last decade, but it hasn't been too bad here.
Remember, I am in the very northeast portion of Florida. We get seasons here so, yes, it is hot in the summertime (well, ah, yeah), but October to May is fantastic. You have winter, we have summer. Life is a compromise.

What's the temp down there in the winter? We'd probably call them fall temperatures:p

tinman
06-20-13, 08:09 AM
Hey, I'm a transplanted Yankee, so I know what you're talking about.

Winter gets to freezing overnight, like 30 degrees F., then it warms up to 50 - 60 during the sunny days. Nice. :thumbsup:

jeffc83
06-20-13, 08:49 AM
Hey, I'm a transplanted Yankee, so I know what you're talking about.

Winter gets to freezing overnight, like 30 degrees F., then it warms up to 50 - 60 during the sunny days. Nice. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that IS the perfect weather! (not too hot and not too cold) But, I do like the snow too...

HurstGN
06-27-13, 08:02 PM
Watch it tinman !! I'll take your oil can away and let Toto piss on you! :want::stirpot: We'll give you the nickname "rusty". :thumbsup:

tinman
06-27-13, 09:27 PM
Hell, I can't move right now with no transmission in my car. Cadillac beat you to it and they pissed all over me already.

rgauchey
06-28-13, 05:23 PM
ATS-V or ATS V-Sport?

I live in Wixom Mi. I've seen a blk/white camo Cadillac parked at the gym in the morning. It appears to me like a 2dr volt. It has Cadillac grill partially covered and on it a flat spot for the emblem. It has a caddy looking interior with a Volt looking center stack. Saw it driving out one morning and wasn't close enough to hear it. Or, it wasn't making any sound.

monogram124
06-28-13, 06:46 PM
Hey rgauchey. That sounds like the new ELR. It's the Cadillac version of the Volt. I think it looks pretty cool. Here's a link http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/elr-electric-car.html