: Nav Disc Updates

mwswarrior
06-17-13, 10:39 AM
What is the latest update disc I can get for a 2008 with the Nav System? Part number too if you please.

Thanks!

RippyPartsDept
06-17-13, 12:37 PM
there is a 2013 map disc available from http://gmnavdisc.com for your SRX

not sure when the 2014 disc will be available but you can call their toll free number and ask if you're curious

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-17-13, 03:27 PM
What is the latest update disc I can get for a 2008 with the Nav System? Part number too if you please.

Thanks!

Hello mwswarrior,

There is a 2013 update. The part number is 23126806. I hope this helps. If there are any other questions or concerns, please reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

mwswarrior
06-20-13, 11:51 AM
Excellent! Thanks!

Surfstix
06-25-13, 12:34 PM
My wifes nav on her 2008 SRX has intermittent problems(already replaced the nav unit once before) if you miss a turn it cannot recalculate itself.I had it at the dealer today they wanted to bang me $200 to update it no guarantee that would solve the issue and no I did not let them do it without a proper diagnostic of the problem same old story could not duplicate the problem they only drove it 4 miles.Gov't motors (GM)ran just like the gov't too.lol

mwswarrior
10-01-13, 10:15 AM
Received my updated disk. Installed/loaded very easily in a few minutes. So far so good and I like the graphic colors at night much better. Thanks for the info!

ukmat71
10-01-13, 03:46 PM
Laura. Do you know if there is an update to UK/ Europe models too available. Obviously for the UK/ Europe maps

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-01-13, 05:40 PM
Received my updated disk. Installed/loaded very easily in a few minutes. So far so good and I like the graphic colors at night much better. Thanks for the info!

Hello mwswarrior,

I am glad your updated disk was installed and loaded easily. Thanks for sharing your input regarding the new update. If additional questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Laura. Do you know if there is an update to UK/ Europe models too available. Obviously for the UK/ Europe maps

Hello ukmat71,

I do not have information regarding updates for vehicles outside of the United States. I recommend contacting General Motors of your region to discuss this. If you provide me with the country which you live, I can narrow down the point of contact for you and provide a phone number and possible website for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Lextasy
10-02-13, 10:26 AM
Hi people,

About navigation in Europe: i happen to have the last dvd produced pn :25980070, version 3.0c. From 2009.
It cost me a fortune (> 280 euro)to get it via a caddilac dealer and came from the central warehouse in Sweden.
There are no european updates anymore.

Never worked though: it seems I need a firmware update..ok went to the dealer to have this fixed. It wont update since the system is malfunctioning.

I would be happy to provide a copy to see if it works!

Rds
Jeroen

ukmat71
10-08-13, 09:37 AM
Will pm you later as cannot on phone If that's ok.
That's the same version cadillac have told me is the latest, still its 3 years younger than the version I already have. Do they not realise its 2013 now. A lot can change in 4 years.

bendebusk
10-30-13, 08:29 AM
Ciao Jeroen!

I just purchased a 2005 SRX here in Italy. I'm trying to get up to speed on all the details, mods, accessories, tips/tricks, etc. I would love to update the navigation maps, but definitely can't afford 280 euro for 4-year old maps. Any chance I can get a copy of the disk to try?

Grazie!
Ben

politby
10-31-13, 09:35 AM
Congrats, you have just discovered the same thing that has annoyed the heck out of me with all 3 Cadillacs I have owned - GM's abandonment of European customers when it comes to map updates.

280 Euro for 4 year old maps is a rip off. Unfortunately that may be the only way to get any sort of update unless you resort to piracy.

To put this into perspective, I just bought a brand new Clarion NX302E (http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2012/multimedia/navigation/NX302E/gb-en-product-hi_1259600239593.html) head unit for 299 € and that includes the most recent maps. That gets me a full function unit including Bluetooth audio streaming and iPod/Phone integration.

Add $150 for a Metra dash kit plus PAC audio interface and I have a nice factory looking Nav AND audio upgrade.

bendebusk
10-31-13, 05:21 PM
Politby -

In the States, I replaced my stock CD/radio in my F-150 for a very nice JVC navigation unit with integrated bluetooth along with a brake bypass to allow the navigation unit to be programmed while moving. It was a little pricey, but I really liked almost everything about it! I'd still like to find an SRX lock pick that would allow nav programming while on the fly. And dare I dream about bluetooth capability? :) I don't think I can afford to replace the unit in Europe, so I'd like to do whatever I can to make it more useable!

Ben

Professor Wizard
11-01-13, 11:15 AM
US manufactures don't expect anyone to keep a car more then 5 years. That is why they abandon things like Map Updates.

Audi is not much better - - I had an A6 Avante, that you could not get maps for after 6 years.

Honda had abandon us with pre-2010 Goldwings, with no map updates after 2006, until last year - - and then the updates they sold from garmin, are 2 steps backward in firmware bugs, and the maps that came with the updates, were already 2 years old.

Built in Nav is a total waste of money. They cost on average $1,500 to $2,000 for the unit.. and Maps are $200 each, always behind, and always buggy. You could buy a brand new Garmin with the latest maps for $150 every year.

As for Cad - - I just installed the very latest Update last month. The maps in it are proximately a year and a half behind.... Gauged from some various new roads in my area missing in the map. There is no firmware difference from the update I installed in 2011 that can be noticed.

The latest Update installed back in June, in my Garmin Nuvi, has all the roads up to about 6 months ago.

bendebusk
11-29-13, 07:55 AM
Seems to me like a pretty short-term business decision. Perhaps on a high-end car like Cadillac they really just want to appeal to those who initially purchase the car. If most original owners sell their car a few years later, the problem is left to future owners who aren't really Cadillac customers, per se.

Not sure why U.S. car companies don't partner with Garmin, etc. so that future map updates are readily available. I'm sure there's some other business decision that precludes this. :(

politby
11-30-13, 03:15 PM
Not like this is rocket science. There are really only 2 suppliers of road maps for mobile navigation, TeleAtlas and NavTeq. All the hardware manufacturers get their maps from them.

Also with a few Android exceptions all nav units run some form of Windows CE or Embedded. So apps are built on a standard platform.

I think the problem is that most car manufacturers have their nav systems made by niche companies like Denso, not mainstream ones like Garmin, Pioneer etc. And these companies have little interest in anything beyond the initial OEM contract. Map updates are treated like some sort of bespoke service and they charge exorbitant fees for what essentially is the same NavTeq map updates sold by e.g. Kenwood.

Irishwhisky1956
11-30-13, 03:30 PM
Its the same reason the U.S. government did not hire the people who designed websites for ebay paypal amazon etc etc etc because that would have been the logical thing to do

RippyPartsDept
11-30-13, 04:24 PM
navteq and teleatlas also charge different license fees depending on the usage ... in car applications cost much more than handheld

DougC..
12-01-13, 01:25 AM
bendebusk - there is a lockpick for on the fly nav. Route, you hold the bottom right corner of the screen, blue screen click run buttton and then the button on top right. Nav will allow for on the go trip planning.

search on here for better instructions

holstbnet
12-01-13, 03:46 PM
I think nav disc updates for the 07-09 SRX will probably be available for quite a while yet, because it uses the same disc as the full-size (GMT900) trucks and SUVs, so there are a LOT of vehicles on the road for the forseeable future that will be in need of updates. It's usually the more obscure or specific nav systems that get the raw deal on updates. Although that being said, the 04-06 SRX nav is the same as the C6 Corvette and XLR so...

1BadCadSTS
12-01-13, 04:15 PM
I think nav disc updates for the 07-09 SRX will probably be available for quite a while yet, because it uses the same disc as the full-size (GMT900) trucks and SUVs, so there are a LOT of vehicles on the road for the forseeable future that will be in need of updates. It's usually the more obscure or specific nav systems that get the raw deal on updates. Although that being said, the 04-06 SRX nav is the same as the C6 Corvette and XLR so...

Not the same as Vette. Same as XLR and Seville Deville. Vette shares map disc with STS Grand Prix and Saab 9-5.

bendebusk
12-01-13, 05:37 PM
Thanks, Doug! That actually works for my car. I was kind of hoping for a permanent solution and one that would allow other inputs into the stock navigation unit. But I'm going to go ahead and add a backup camera, but am replacing the rearview mirror with an OEM video version.

Now if I could figure out how to tie in bluetooth phone and audio, I'd be in great shape. From reading this forum, though, I don't think anyone's really figured this out. :(

Thanks again!

bendebusk - there is a lockpick for on the fly nav. Route, you hold the bottom right corner of the screen, blue screen click run buttton and then the button on top right. Nav will allow for on the go trip planning.

search on here for better instructions

1BadCadSTS
12-01-13, 06:48 PM
Thanks, Doug! That actually works for my car. I was kind of hoping for a permanent solution and one that would allow other inputs into the stock navigation unit. But I'm going to go ahead and add a backup camera, but am replacing the rearview mirror with an OEM video version.

Now if I could figure out how to tie in bluetooth phone and audio, I'd be in great shape. From reading this forum, though, I don't think anyone's really figured this out. :(

Thanks again!

Blustar and navtool will solve Bluetooth and backup camera.

politby
12-02-13, 01:53 AM

For the U.S. yes, but European owners are already SOL because there is no disc available newer than 2009.

bendebusk
12-02-13, 08:23 AM
Blustar and navtool will solve Bluetooth and backup camera.

For a 2005 SRX with no OnStar and no XM radio (i.e. European model)? I've done a lot of research, but haven't found a device that could do this for my particular vehicle. Am I missing something? Is there a particular brand/model for which I should be looking?

Thanks!

1BadCadSTS
12-02-13, 08:46 AM
Blustar

And

Navtool

bendebusk
12-02-13, 02:47 PM
Blustar

And

Navtool

My apologies! I didn't realize Navtool was a brand-name. I checked their website and see that they have an $800 video interface device on a Black-Friday special at just $400. Yikes! I'll have to take a pass on that.

As for Blustar, unless I missed something, it looks like this device requires factory OnStar. As previously noted, European models don't have it. :(

Oh well, it was worth a quick look. Thanks for the info!

1BadCadSTS
12-02-13, 07:26 PM
My apologies! I didn't realize Navtool was a brand-name. I checked their website and see that they have an $800 video interface device on a Black-Friday special at just $400. Yikes! I'll have to take a pass on that.

As for Blustar, unless I missed something, it looks like this device requires factory OnStar. As previously noted, European models don't have it. :(

Oh well, it was worth a quick look. Thanks for the info!

As long as you have the wiring and mirror then it will work. It runs off the gm data class

The navtool yeah not cheap.

bendebusk
12-03-13, 05:37 AM
As long as you have the wiring and mirror then it will work. It runs off the gm data class

The navtool yeah not cheap.

No OnStar mirror. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the wiring is not included in the European models. I really want to be able to play music from my iPhone. Preferably, via bluetooth. If not, then at least through a decent wired FM modulator. Thoughts?

Recently, I bought an OEM rearview video mirror and camera on eBay in order to switch it out with my stock mirror and add a backup camera. Parking in Europe, at least around NW Italy, is horrible! A lot of the parking is in small parallel spaces. Even those are pretty scarce! Add to that the problem of owning a large American car... :)

1BadCadSTS
12-03-13, 08:18 AM
No OnStar mirror. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the wiring is not included in the European models. I really want to be able to play music from my iPhone. Preferably, via bluetooth. If not, then at least through a decent wired FM modulator. Thoughts?

Recently, I bought an OEM rearview video mirror and camera on eBay in order to switch it out with my stock mirror and add a backup camera. Parking in Europe, at least around NW Italy, is horrible! A lot of the parking is in small parallel spaces. Even those are pretty scarce! Add to that the problem of owning a large American car... :)

Do you have the rear seat entertainment screen in the console?
How about the TV option?

bendebusk
12-03-13, 11:18 AM
Do you have the rear seat entertainment screen in the console?
How about the TV option?

Yes, we have the analog TV capability. So, of course, in this day of entirely digital TV, it is entirely useless! :)

We also have the OEM DVD player in the middle row. Is there some possibility there?