: 2006 to 2008 Transformation!

cadillacst
06-17-13, 09:17 AM
Hi to all Caddy Enthusiasts,

I am underway gathering all the parts necessary to change from a 06 look to a 08 front bumper look. I have looked at past posts from ksts and others regarding the parts needed.

At the moment I have ordered a 2008 bumper. I was wondering if it mattered whether or not the bumper had headlight washers or not? and how exactly can I find out if my car has headlight washers through the serial number alone?

Can I fit a bumper with no HD washers on a car that is supposed to have them and vice versa?

I called my local cadillac dealer, and their guy told me that there were different front bumper models and that I needed to know exactly which one I needed. He mentioned there were 3 (dx, dy, dw) But thats impossible for me because I am going from a 06 to 08. He also said that an 08 would not fit an 06 which is a lie, as it has been shown to fit by others on this forum.

I have gone on newgmparts.com and looked at what parts are needed to adequatly put the new front bumper on. What I am wondering is how many grill clips i will need? do i need just one or do I need more? Also will I need a fog light bracket? It has been said in other posts that one would need a fog light bracket, by bracket do they just mean the fog light? the same that is found on a 06 sts? because at this moment I do have a fog light for both LH AND RH.

Thanks all for your input, appreciate it.

06 STS Rob
06-17-13, 10:29 AM
As far as I know, headlight washer were only available on 08+ STS. Pretty sure they were actually standard on the 08+... Look for square cut outs between the headlights and grill. I believe you'll find that your 06 does not have them.

curtc
06-17-13, 12:04 PM
My 06 is equipped with headlight washers...ANY STS with HIDs from the factory will have headlight washers installed. Hell, my 04 CTS with HIDs had headlight washers....Like said above, just look for the small little, square cutouts.

BarrySTS
06-18-13, 12:29 PM
My '08 does not have headlight washers, also no HID.

curtc
06-18-13, 12:38 PM
My '08 does not have headlight washers, also no HID.

That's why...No HID's = no headlight washers.