: Parking brake issue/Revshift

jeremy107
06-17-13, 12:35 AM
I was under the V doing the Revshift support for the trans today and I been meaning to "tighten" my parking brake bc it seems to not keep the car still unless its in gear of course.. What are the steps to tighten to parking brake?

Also is there a write up on how to make the clutch "less stuff" I'm not very good with working on clutches so this is all new to me. I want to make the clutch less stuff if I can also the clutch engage more at the top of the petal rather than the bottom if this is possible?

REVSHIFT TRANS SUPPORT!!! 10 of out 10 stars!!!! Put blue magic support block in there this afternoon and WOW!! Easy shift to R also smoother shifting!! At Hugh speeds I had vibration and the shifter shakes bad also.. On the way home after putting Revshift it no make shake and seems to me all vibration is gone!!! This was a awesome product!!

darkman
06-17-13, 06:49 AM
See attached for parking brake.

I am unfamiliar with anything to alter clutch stiffness other than keeping the hydraulic system full with fresh fluid and air free with periodic bleeding.

jeremy107
06-17-13, 11:22 AM
Anyone else have suggestions on how to loosen the clutch up? It seems to engage at the bottom half of the pedal compression, I just wanna make sure I'm not shifting while the clutch isn't fully engaged.. So I'd like to adjust it toward the top half or middle of compression

Bleeding the clutch? I remember reading something bout someone dropping the bleeder into the housing.. Is it this hard to bleed it? Any steps or write up on this? Thanks Dark! I got a humming coming from the rear sounds like the passenger rear.. I'm guessing its a wheel bearing that's bad. The axle wouldn't make a humming sound would it?

I'm going to paint my wheels this week and replace that wheel bearing/hub assembly (I hope that's what it is, I've heard the first gen carriers are terrible about going out? A process to rule the carrier out?) also do this e brake fix