: Requested pix of 20's on my V, (for Bill & others)

BliTzer
02-05-05, 04:02 AM
Hey Guys,

Ok, this is for bill and the other's that asked me for the pix of my V with the new 20's on it. So far so good, dealer has to replace wheel sensors on 2 wheels monday and thats all the problem thus far, other than that, runs and drives great. No pull, no vibrations, and handles just as good (imho) as it did with stock 18's on it. price was 6 grand, with a 5th for spare, rubber included..

Laterz,
Johnny.. (blitzer) ;)

gothicaleigh
02-05-05, 12:24 PM
Are those the same over-all diameter as the stock tires?
For some reason the car looks like it sits too high...

Devil_concours
02-05-05, 12:49 PM
Are those the same over-all diameter as the stock tires?
For some reason the car looks like it sits too high...
when you put bigger wheels, it makes the wheel gap seem bigger.

Texan V
02-05-05, 01:02 PM
:confused: Quite the opposite...

It should actually make the fender well gap smaller while at the same time raising the car higher from the ground.

Devil_concours
02-05-05, 01:07 PM
:confused: Quite the opposite...

It should actually make the fender well gap smaller while at the same time raising the car higher from the ground.
not true since you're putting in same stock diameter. That's why most people lower their cars after installing bigger wheels

urbanski
02-05-05, 01:51 PM
not true since you're putting in same stock diameter. That's why most people lower their cars after installing bigger wheels
hmmmm....so to narrow the gap, going to 19s won't help, and could make it worse? drat....

HDMLNIUM
02-05-05, 06:57 PM
Johnny,

Your V looks great with the 20's, very nice..:worship:
Chrome and Black just seem to go hand and hand..:2thumbs:

Keep up the great work and enjoy....:cheers:

Bill-05-V

http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_CTS-V1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_Z06-fuelrailcovers.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_Badge-removal.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers, Stealth-V Cags Eliminator,
K&N drop in filter, B&B cat back exhaust, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing arms .... More Mods coming..
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

Dreamin
02-06-05, 12:27 AM
when you put bigger wheels, it makes the wheel gap seem bigger.

That's exactly right... by keeping overall diameter the same (wheel+tire diameter)... if you make wheels bigger, i.e. 19 or 20"... the sidewall of the tire has to decrease. Your eye judges fender gap by comparing it to the height of the tire... because the tire sidewall height is smaller, the fender gap *looks* bigger....

http://www.kaltire.com/retail/custom_wheels/images/plussizingpic.jpg

BliTzer
02-08-05, 02:49 AM
Hey Guys,

Well, believe it or not the car is a lil bit lower than it was when i had the stock 18's on it. So what you guys are seeing is an illusion of shadows and mixing of light. That curb that is in front of the car is a standard 6 inch curb.

Also, Hey Bill, i get my supercharger put on in the morning, so i have to leave the car for 3 to 4 days most likely, they will add the headers, also adding a carbon fiber engine cover (black) & the new exhaust dual package (not sure which one i want yet, have to make decision in the am), fix the wheel sensors as well, and it is time for my first oil change and required service maintance. Hope all goes well, makes me nervous leaving the beast for 2 to 4 days.. I will let ya know how it does (supercharger) as you asked in a few days. Below is pic of supercharger that i will be adding.

See ya soon!
BliTzer ;)

mchm3
02-08-05, 07:04 PM
sorry man dont like those wheels to much chrome

lasstss
02-08-05, 07:26 PM
CCwheel is supposed to have a few new designs out in a week. Im after brushed centers with a polished lip.:thumbsup:

BliTzer
02-09-05, 01:45 AM
Hey mchm3.. its all good brother. To each there own.. The pic of those rims however do not show true justice, i really dont know why that digi cam came out like sh$t and blurry.. It really looks alot better in RL. I get so many compliments and really i have lost count of how many.. but thanx for the feedback its always good to hear from others than ppl telling you it looks good if it really does not. I have another set sitting in the garage i just got, a brand new set of jesse James I will be adding, so i will swap off time to time.. but i might leave them on and put them on my STS-V that i will be buying soon anyhow.. oh well, so many options and life is soo short huh.. ;)

later johnny ;)

Devil_concours
02-09-05, 02:03 AM
look at the wheel gap on my car
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ph00ny/MINSPIC/IMG_0447_res.JPG

CVP33
02-09-05, 08:47 PM
look at the wheel gap on my car
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ph00ny/MINSPIC/IMG_0447_res.JPG

Now that I like!

Devil_concours
02-09-05, 09:54 PM
Now that I like!
1 piece forged in high polished finish. 19x8.5 all around and only weighs <22lbs

CVP33
02-09-05, 10:02 PM
1 piece forged in high polished finish. 19x8.5 all around and only weighs <22lbs

DC,

What size tire? Rubbing? Drivablity issues? Sometimes I wish we had 5 lugs vs. 6.

Devil_concours
02-09-05, 10:17 PM
DC,

What size tire? Rubbing? Drivablity issues? Sometimes I wish we had 5 lugs vs. 6.
245/35/19
No rubbing and i prefer the ride quality of this over the stock

Sadly i bent 2 of them severly when i was down in atlanta. It was the biggest pot hole i've ever seen. SUV drove through and almost lost control of his truck right after me.

CVP33
02-09-05, 10:29 PM
245/35/19
No rubbing and i prefer the ride quality of this over the stock

Sadly i bent 2 of them severly when i was down in atlanta. It was the biggest pot hole i've ever seen. SUV drove through and almost lost control of his truck right after me.

I lived and worked in and around Detroit for awhile. Pothole spotting is both art and science. :suspense: I've seen Honda Civics swallowed by potholes in Detroit. :p

SoCalV
02-09-05, 11:33 PM
Cool 20's! It does make it a little hard to blend in however:lildevil: Here's a couple of shots of the TSW 20's on my ride. The Nittos are wearing well at 7k miles, including the unrotated rears. Wear includes 1 track day of several sessions totaling 80 minutes at the limit! I've done the calipers red since these pictures and they really POP! This thing is so fun I can't leave it in the garage! Don't you need something from the store honey?

CVP33
02-10-05, 07:00 PM
Cool 20's! It does make it a little hard to blend in however:lildevil: Here's a couple of shots of the TSW 20's on my ride. The Nittos are wearing well at 7k miles, including the unrotated rears. Wear includes 1 track day of several sessions totaling 80 minutes at the limit! I've done the calipers red since these pictures and they really POP! This thing is so fun I can't leave it in the garage! Don't you need something from the store honey?

These are really starting to grow on me. First time I saw these wheels I didn't really care for them, but now I could definitely go for it. Just one request. Could you please repaint your car platinum so I can get a feel for how they'd look on my V?