: Current Cover of Road & Track

SoCalV
02-04-05, 10:29 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this! 7 weeks ago I had the V on the track at Buttonwillow Raceway in Calif. I roll into town the night before to the Chevron station to get some fuel for the next day and there's a yellow C-6 Vette, a Silver Viper, a yellow 350Z, a silver S2000, an orange Lotus Elise and a CTS V. I'm thinking, damn, there's some hardware up here! Later that evening, we are out at the only real restaurant in town and all the hardware is in the parking lot with dealer plates. I'm thinking, this has to be a car mag testing. Walk inside and there's 8 guys at a couple of tables pulled together. I gotta ask. Sure enough, Road & Track working on a comparison test for an upcoming article. Now here's the laugh....."so what are you guys doing with that V in this group"? Oh.......that's our chase car. We put all the crap in it and it's one of the few things that will keep up!
Love that V!

CTSV05
02-04-05, 10:40 PM
Wll, not sure if thats good or bad, I mean why not test it too?

Or was this a strict 2 door no room for friends car test?

SoCalV
02-06-05, 06:37 PM
It was a sports car shoot out. 2 doors only. Their comment was they needed something with a little more room as a chase car that had the balls to keep up with all the Hot Rods they were testing.

CTSV05
02-07-05, 12:37 AM
I guess that says something then!

Mowgli
02-07-05, 11:03 PM
"Keep Up"?

I don't beleive the V would have any difficulty handing that S2000 its ass. The 350Z as well for that matter.