: Gear oil chang today..

willsctsv
02-04-05, 08:40 PM
Changed the v's gear oil today, at 1200 miles there was some shavings on the magnetic plug. I replaced it with redline MT90, and GM's 4oz diff lube. I will take it out for a nice higway run tomorrow and see if it whines when hot. When i drained it about 1.5 qts came out. I thought more would come out but I had the car on jack stands in the rear and perhaps some fluid remained.

I hope this works.:cool:

CTSV05
02-04-05, 09:34 PM
Were you experiencing whine?

I have 2500 miles, and so far have not had any conditions other than the occaisional "clunk" and of course the dreaded "Hop".

StealthV
02-05-05, 12:36 AM
Changed the v's gear oil today, at 1200 miles there was some shavings on the magnetic plug. I replaced it with redline MT90, and GM's 4oz diff lube. I will take it out for a nice higway run tomorrow and see if it whines when hot. When i drained it about 1.5 qts came out. I thought more would come out but I had the car on jack stands in the rear and perhaps some fluid remained.

I hope this works.:cool:

Don't recall the exact volume of fluid, but 1.5 qts sounds right. What did your fluid look like? Really dark? Almost black?

willsctsv
02-05-05, 06:23 PM
Fluid really dark and black with silverish swirls, probably fine shavings. Took out the car today brought the V up to 145 easily! Unfortunately between 45 -80 the rear whines under acceleration only. Off the gas no whine, hit it and it whines. I only started noticing this after the installation of the Bmr pinion support and awk. I think it's possible that the harder bushing in the pinion support is allowing more noise to enter the car. But at 145 no whine, no shake and still pulling hard, what a rush! Can't wait to take this car to the Pocono Racetrack!

CTSV05
02-05-05, 09:16 PM
I'm jealous, most of the roads that are good enuf to go that fast are too busy, and I'm afraid to at nite 'cuz I can't see the gustopo.