: So do I have a new SRX now!?

orandaberg
06-16-13, 01:46 PM
Less the 1 year from purchase, I should now have a care free SRX since I replaced 2 front wheel bearings,radiator,transmission cooler,rotors,pads,power steering hose,complete rebuild of all brake lines, brake hoses(my choice) all belts,new battery,rear spare tire deployment,reconditioned spare wheel, all under body frame cleaned and painted with anti rust,body paint reconditioned and waxed.
There is still the matter of removing/replacing the broken intake manifold bolt:(

Whiplash_89
06-16-13, 07:31 PM
Almost there.

SFVetteman
06-16-13, 09:44 PM
I'm sure that you, having been on this forum for the time you have been, realize that there are still some problems that can happen. But hopefully, that with the time and money that you have put into this, the SRX gods will appreciate it and look favorably upon you.

Bil

repnatl
06-16-13, 09:45 PM
Trust me there are plenty of other common issues left lol

SFVetteman
06-16-13, 11:30 PM
repanati, given your experience with your SRX, you must admit that you have a somewhat jaded view. With all cars there are good and bad ones. With yours, its kanda hard to tell what it was originally because of the abuse it suffered from the the former owner or owners.

Almost all of his problems have come about because the bean counters did not think it worthwhile to design a vehicle capable of dealing with the harsh winter conditions of northern Euorope/Scandinavia....not cost effective. Take that away and he seems to have a pretty good one.

My SRX has had 2 left front turn light/DRL bulbs fail and and 1 right side one and that's it. My oil consumption is a modest 1 qt. in about 5500 miles not perfect but acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, I would love the bean counters at GM put in their place instead of receiving top billing with styling and marketing. All car makers have bean counters but their influence at GM is too much. They make the company money at the expense of GM's reputation. Less now than it has been in the past but the beat goes on.

Bill

repnatl
06-17-13, 12:12 AM
That is mostly true although I'm actually coming from a mechanic standpoint too. I'm not only working on just my srx anymore I've got 7 total customers with the srx since did the timing chains last November mainly get calls from other referells that know I have one others come from the dealership when they pass out at how has the repairs are so that gets me more customers. But you are defiantly right as far as good and bad and also that my views will always go toward mechanical issues on this one.