: Weird issue

anpirz
06-16-13, 10:43 AM
Yesterday when I got into my 08 DI, my "assisted parking mirror tilt" function moved my rear view mirrors in reverse like its supposed to but left the rear view mirrors in the downward angle. Now, everytime I turn on the car the rear view mirrors tilt down to the ground and stay their, making me adjust every time I turn it on. Is this a short somewhere? Can I DIY this? Please help

sberl
06-16-13, 10:56 AM
The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I just disabled the tilting and am also interested in a solution.

anpirz
06-16-13, 11:24 AM
I disabled it too but the mirrors still tilt downwards every time I turn the car on. It's annoying to adjust the mirrors that often

The_Judge
06-16-13, 11:49 AM
I disabled the feature on both my 2008 and 2011 CTS because I find that the mirrors tilt down too far to be of any use when backing up -- I don't need to see the curb by the front passenger door when I'm parallel parking, I want to see what's behind me and where the rear wheel is in relation to the curb. I've found that leaving the mirrors in their normal position is more helpful.

q80rebel
06-16-13, 11:49 PM
Ive had the same issue recently..it was woeking well for over a yea but lately its been getting stuck downwards when I reverse and I have to adjust it when I put it in D.. but I have realized if I put it in gear nd give it sme time before I push gas it actualy idjusts back to normal..so pretty much if I slow down the process from revering then driving it works fine, however that wasnt an issue before