: vibration at 75-85mph..

SBONES
02-04-05, 05:01 PM
once i get to about 90 mph the vibration goes away, other then that she's tip top. smooth all around. cant be my rear. how do i fix that...i thought it was tire balencing, but the dealer said they were good..:hmm:

Z06CTSV
02-04-05, 05:14 PM
I also had that, I had it from 66-74 mph. My service rep. fixed it in no time. They have a service bulletin on it. It was something to do with the driveshaft angle? Well, it's fixed now with no vibes at all, at any speed..

Good luck,
Joe

Rich H
02-04-05, 09:42 PM
Vibration due to "driveshaft angle"? Never heard of that TSB for the V. It is usually something to do with tire/wheel balancing. My dealer fixed my vibration @ 65 to 75 mph by replacing all 4 tires and wheels - couldn't balance them for some reason. Although not perfect - much better.

Koooop
02-08-05, 12:01 AM
Dealer said...Don't speed! Then they balanced my tires. All gone.

Harley Guy
02-08-05, 07:21 AM
The service bulletin has to do with drive shaft alignment. I had the same vibration. The performed the drive shaft alignment and rebalanced the tires. They reduced the vibration and it moved into the 85 90 range from 75 80. At this point I am going to leave it. I usually cruse at about 80 so I am out of the vibration zone. When I am now in the zone I am usually passing through (quickly:devil: ). I dont feel any vibration from 90 on up with the possible exception of the pounding of my hart.:holycrap: