: Don Draper Mad Men..

02603sec
06-16-13, 07:07 AM
He was cruising around in a silver 65 CDV silver with red leather. The classic scene from the 60's obviously before cell phones. Couple gets into a fight, he leaves her in parking lot and peels rubber down the he street. He has a smoke, thinks about turns around and goes back... Except in Draper's she wasn't there when he got back. Attractive women have options ya know. Back in the day, men were pigs.

Submariner409
06-16-13, 08:09 AM
So ???

cadillac kevin
06-16-13, 10:51 AM
Huh? U drunk bro?

And in case you hadn't watched mad men before, don draper is a jerk.

ben.gators
06-16-13, 06:02 PM
never mind...

The-Dullahan
06-16-13, 08:51 PM
In with Sub on this.

77CDV
06-16-13, 09:25 PM
Still love the show, tho.

The-Dullahan
06-17-13, 12:43 AM
Never heard of it.

Jesda
06-17-13, 11:13 PM
Sometimes they write Don as a brilliant character. Other times he seems to be a waterhead.

gdwriter
06-18-13, 01:54 PM
Don Draper has been quite the a**hole this season, more so than in the past. And it's catching up with him. But I love his Cadillacs.

orconn
06-20-13, 01:38 AM
Have never watched the show .... but am very familiar with the period ... after all my Dad and Mom and all my 25 my aunts and uncles were all in there prime I=during the sixties. They were the "Great Generation" they endured the Depression (I heard all about that) they won the Second World War (God bless them) and they used the G.I. bill to become educated and go on to build the great Post War American of which we are the beneficiaries. But then men did look down on females as inferiors (after all they controlled the way the deck was shuffled and dealt). Our mothers were second class citizens, a few rose above that status. There daughters are doing just fine in closing the power gap if not the income gap!

Accept at the upper levels of society the men had the responsibility of not only establishing the family's social and financial status ... but also the sole support of the family. Very different from today. So if you have fond feelings for the sixties, young males, just remember that you would have had the sole responsibility for where your family placed in society and whether your family survived at all!