: Gm redo

lasstss
02-04-05, 01:58 PM
Axles,

I was informed by a somewhat reliable source that the 2006 V is getting heavier axle shafts. Should be interchangeable..:shhh:

trukk
02-04-05, 02:18 PM
Question is:

1) Is that the current issue?
2) Will this be covered under warranty ??

P.S.

Whats up with that cheese grater hood :) I saw it parked in Columbia a few months back, the first V I ever saw on the road, before I knew it was yours.

-Chris

lasstss
02-04-05, 02:25 PM
NO this is a typical factory change. GM gives nothing for free. Its a good bolt on for later.

Cheese grater:want:? Hey that hood was a lot of work! Are you off 99 & Bethany? Silver V? Actually I think I had the first V in maryland. Got it mid january last year.

Speaking of which... I ordered the specter hood. If anyone has a black V and wants a different hood e mail me. I paid $350 for a new hood and modified it with 'Louvers' not a cheese grater..:yup:

trukk
02-04-05, 05:39 PM
heh, I could put that hood on my silver V, and tell all the rice boys, that it's a special carbon fiber cheese grater. ;)

Remember I live in the 'ridge, off of Ilchester/Elk Ridge Landing Road.

I want to come and check your car out sometime and live vicariously through your mods.

-Chris

lasstss
02-04-05, 06:03 PM
Chris, anytime... My V has been 6' in the air for the last 3 weeks. pm your e mail. Im by the enchanted forest shopping center in Ellicott city.

I ordered a bushing kit from Specter. I want to see what they came up with. Its the same idea as BMR but Jeff tells me its not a hard lock up like BMR?