: 2010 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 Radio hybrid question

viper3881
06-16-13, 12:33 AM
Hello folks new to the forum as my wife and I are proud owners of a 2010 Escalade. While playing with all the bells and whistles once we got home there is only one thing I'm curious on and that is an option in the radio.

When I hit the config button it brings up the options for "Hybrid, Sound, Nav...etc" My question is I hit Hybrid and it shows the car diagram with a Engine and Battery text. Next to those two words between the tire pictures it says two way mode. Nothing changes when I'm moving or in park. I know I dont have a hybrid so why do I have this option? Is this just a standard screen that shows it for everyone or was this radio programmed wrong from the dealer, and or a wrong replacement radio?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

UPDATED PICTURE POSTED. THIS IS WHAT I SEE IN CONFIG AND THIS SCREEN DOESNT CHANGE AS I DRIVE AROUND. LIKE I SAID IN THE BELOW POST I DONT EXPECT IT TO CHANGE SINCE I DONT HAVE A HYBRID, BUT MORE ANNOYING SINCE I HAVE AN OPTION IN MY CAR RADIO THAT DOESNT APPLY.

:banghead:

MrHolland
06-16-13, 12:38 AM
I don't think mine has that.

viper3881
06-16-13, 01:00 AM
Yeah I wouldnt think that is normal either.

----------

Can anyone confirm this or give any insight please

soulsea
06-16-13, 12:48 PM
I use to have a Tahoe Hybrid so I know the screen you're talking about.

It sounds like either someone may have replaced the nav and put in the hybrid nav. and forgot to reprogram it. Have a service guy at the desk at your dealership run a history on your vehicle's vin and it will say if the nav has ever been replaced.

The thing is I don't know if the two nav systems are different or if it's the same part programmed two different ways, in which case it should be a pretty easy reprogram from the dealer's end.

Or maybe you has hybrid and don't know it. :D

viper3881
06-16-13, 01:57 PM
Thanks soulsea for the detailed response! Really appreciate it. I will take it in and find out whats going on with that!

I will report back what it was.

felixgun
06-16-13, 03:08 PM
Do you have a second row bench instead of captains chairs? If so, check underneath and if there is a giant battery there then you have a hybrid lol. In all seriousness, I don't think the hybrid's have the same radio/nav as the rest of the escalade's so definitely check with the dealership on that one!

viper3881
06-16-13, 09:20 PM
haha Yeah I know for sure its the 6.2L :) But I have captains chairs in the 2nd row.

That is what I can see and this screen never changes in drive park so its def. not changing with any mode. Its obviously not going to work since its not a hybrid but drives my nuts I have an option that doesnt apply to me.