: Driveline Clunk from Diablo Predator

Ghost Deany
06-15-13, 10:09 PM
Hey all, I have had the diablosport predator tuner in for a while, started with the 87 octane tune then the 93 diablo tune. I notice almost consistently that when letting off the gas to slow down for a red light and then it turns green, getting back on the gas gives a clunk seeming to be coming from the rear. It does this every time just about. At higher speeds not so much, just around 25-40 mph. I set it back to stock, and it doesnt make the clunk anymore but now has sluggish acceleration compared to the tune. Any ideas? truck is 07 has 96k on it. Also, does anyone know what Converter Calibration is under the parameters of the predator? thanks

soulsea
06-15-13, 10:11 PM
It sounds like the canned tune is messing with the slip yoke.

Ghost Deany
06-15-13, 10:22 PM
I greased the slip yoke loaded it with synthetic grease, then even tried the "raquetball fix" put half a ball in there and had to fight to get the drive-shaft back on.

shore
06-15-13, 10:47 PM
did the diablo really help the acceleration?

I feel mine is just lame.

soulsea
06-15-13, 11:14 PM
I greased the slip yoke loaded it with synthetic grease, then even tried the "raquetball fix" put half a ball in there and had to fight to get the drive-shaft back on.

It sounds like you know about what you're talking about more than me. The only reason I mention it is because it was something that was reprogrammed as part of a custom tune I once had, and I had the tuner put it back to its stock setting because it was doing the same thing you're describing, and it was clunking when I would reaccelerate after the truck was coasting to around 35mph from higher speeds. (This was on a 2010 6.2 AWD Denali btw)

Cadsrfun
06-16-13, 10:44 AM
Hey all, I have had the diablosport predator tuner in for a while, started with the 87 octane tune then the 93 diablo tune. I notice almost consistently that when letting off the gas to slow down for a red light and then it turns green, getting back on the gas gives a clunk seeming to be coming from the rear. It does this every time just about. At higher speeds not so much, just around 25-40 mph. I set it back to stock, and it doesnt make the clunk anymore but now has sluggish acceleration compared to the tune. Any ideas? truck is 07 has 96k on it. Also, does anyone know what Converter Calibration is under the parameters of the predator? thanks

I have a 2010 ESV with the diablo 93 tune in it. I have never noticed this problem. I will try this the next time I am out with it and report back. Did it do the same thing with the 87 tune? You might want to put the Intune back on your PC and check for updates. Also, did you try emailing diablo sport and asking them? Good luck

Mr.SWAG
06-16-13, 12:17 PM
I have the same clunking ams is driving me nuts I love my Esky but I need to get this fixed.

Ghost Deany
06-16-13, 03:09 PM
did the diablo really help the acceleration?

I feel mine is just lame.

Definitley does. The throttle response is instant vs almost a 1 second delay without the tune.

---

It does it for the 87 tune and the 93 tune. I have the actual predator and not the itune.

Cadsrfun
06-17-13, 12:42 AM
Definitley does. The throttle response is instant vs almost a 1 second delay without the tune.

---

It does it for the 87 tune and the 93 tune. I have the actual predator and not the itune.

I agree that the response is nice now.
Sorry I missed that you have the predecessor to the Intune. I did take it for a spin today and tried to replicate your problem but i couldn't. It would not clunk after slowing and maintaining 30 mph and nailing it.

Ghost Deany
06-17-13, 02:15 AM
It wont do it if i ease onto the gas. I guess im used to the delayed throttle response from the stock tune.