: Mirror Not Folding

07BlkOnBlkEXT
06-15-13, 07:05 PM
So I've seen a few posts on this but has anyone came up with a solution? My driver side mirror will no longer fold in and out. When I hit the button the passenger side folds perfectly and the driver side sometimes will "try" to fold (I hear the motor whirring) but it won't move. Is there a way to reset or the mirrors? I've also tried manually folding in and out with my hands but it won't "catch" and get back on track. This is very frustrating as I live in the city and like to fold them any time I park.

Hemmissey
06-19-13, 02:17 AM
The motor is going out. Had mines replaced under extended warranty. It's a whole unit! Part had to be color matched..

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-19-13, 11:33 AM
So I've seen a few posts on this but has anyone came up with a solution? My driver side mirror will no longer fold in and out. When I hit the button the passenger side folds perfectly and the driver side sometimes will "try" to fold (I hear the motor whirring) but it won't move. Is there a way to reset or the mirrors? I've also tried manually folding in and out with my hands but it won't "catch" and get back on track. This is very frustrating as I live in the city and like to fold them any time I park.

Hello 07BlkOnBlkEXT,

Sorry you are experiencing an issue with your mirror. I see Hemmissey offered advice on the situation. Please private message me if you would like to discuss your concern further and let me know if you are willing to work with a dealership. If you choose to PM me, include your contact information and VIN with current mileage.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

07BlkOnBlkEXT
06-19-13, 03:35 PM
I hate believing that you can't just buy the motor and they make you buy an entire new mirror unit. Is there really no other way around this? Any idea on cost, it's simply not something worth paying $500 for.

Hemmissey
06-19-13, 04:09 PM
Trust me brotha' I was in shock as well.. Glad I have extended warranty... They also replaced all my shocks and now my leveler thing

jdubh25
06-19-13, 10:19 PM
The motor is going out. Had mines replaced under extended warranty. It's a whole unit! Part had to be color matched..

Mine too

Banshee8732
06-20-13, 01:10 PM
Yeah, whole unit. I had mine replaced. It would fold in but it wouldn't come out. They can be had for $250-$350.

adamjeeps
06-20-13, 01:42 PM
The mirror can be taken apart. I just replaced my broken frame and housing. Spent $75 in parts from eBay. Just depends on how much time and effort you want to spend. I was getting tired of looking at my broken mirror but had always assumed you had to by an entire mirror.