: 2010 Cts Engine Power Reduced

chasemegan
06-15-13, 12:21 PM
Was just wondering if anyone had any insight on the following issue. 2010 3.6 Apprx. 95k miles. Noticed AC fan louder than normal last few days was taking to mechanic on Monday. Last night received a message engine hot turning off AC. A few moments later message read Engine Hot Engine idle coasted to side of road and added water message this morning is reduced power? Any ideas?

tinman
06-15-13, 12:49 PM
water pump.

chasemegan
06-15-13, 01:36 PM
water pump.

Thank you

tinman
06-15-13, 02:51 PM
You're welcome. Just a reasonable guess - there could be other issues. When you said, "...engine hot, turning off a/c, then engine hot (!) there seems to me to be no/inadequate cooling. Then you had to add water (distilled it should be). Maybe a cracked block or head gasket or something like that where the coolant has escaped. Maybe the overflow reservoir tank is cracked or a leaky hose (much easier to fix and much less cost). It is (to me) a coolant issue of sorts.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-13, 07:07 PM
Was just wondering if anyone had any insight on the following issue. 2010 3.6 Apprx. 95k miles. Noticed AC fan louder than normal last few days was taking to mechanic on Monday. Last night received a message engine hot turning off AC. A few moments later message read Engine Hot Engine idle coasted to side of road and added water message this morning is reduced power? Any ideas?

Hello chasemegan,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your CTS and its engine. I do see you are taking it to a mechanic, but I wanted to extend my assistance to you if you were going to work with the dealership. If that is the route you would like to pursue, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. I see you are a new member to the forum, if you are not able to private message, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com. Please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care