: What kinda shifter do i have.

H-town_V
06-15-13, 12:17 AM
So when buying my V it was obvious it had an aftermarket shifter. I just never really cared cause it always worked good, until about a week ago.

Well about two months ago I had an ls7 clutch installed. And I'm pretty sure they(the shop I won't name) left out the locktite on my shifter linkage bolt cause it almost came completely out(just look at the pic). Basically my shifting was getting worse until it just wouldn't go into gear while I was stopped.

So I digress...simple mistake. I tightened it up and it's perfect now.

While I was under the car I noticed a few things that make me positive this cars been modified. For example there's dynamate all along the undercarriage and bolts were rivets should be on the shifter.

I'm sure it's a generic aftermarket shifter but I would love if some how I bought a car with A PISNUOFF shifter.

Hopefully these pics help somebody Identify it.

I'm sry I can't get photos to upload. Ill try on my Mac when I get home.

Jeff James
07-19-13, 12:53 PM
What happened to "I'll try on my Mac when I get home"??

H-town_V
07-20-13, 09:18 PM
http://s1328.photobucket.com/albums/w537/jameswimb/ctsv/?action=view&current=null_zps80189506.jpg&evt=user_media_share

I sorta forgot I posted this. Hopefully these pics help.

odla
07-20-13, 11:35 PM
No pic from the top? Takes 3.5 sec to get them. That would be a easier way to tell.

H-town_V
07-21-13, 01:04 AM
No pic from the top? Takes 3.5 sec to get them. That would be a easier way to tell.

http://s1328.photobucket.com/albums/w537/jameswimb/ctsvshifter/?action=view&current=null_zps80866365.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Hopefully this helps.

PISNUOFF
07-21-13, 10:59 AM
It looks like a UUC but the bushings don't look like their regular abec bearings they send with them. Maybe someone with a B&M or Katech can chime in.

odla
07-22-13, 12:01 AM
Yea looks like a UUC to me too.

H-town_V
07-22-13, 03:44 AM
Yea looks like a UUC to me too.

Are these considered good, bad or kinda in the middle. I feel like there is room for improvement but I'm not complaining about anything.

HAMSTAR
07-22-13, 07:20 AM
Are these considered good, bad or kinda in the middle. I feel like there is room for improvement but I'm not complaining about anything.

They are good, but the PISNUOFF is said to have the best feel, followed by the B&M.

Before you swap yours out, you should replace your motor mounts and insert a revshift trans mount. Both will sad badly over time pulling the motor/trans/shifter/driveshaft out of alignment and causing crappy shift feel. I run the UMI motor mounts and UUC shifter and the feel dramatically improved when I added the trans mount insert.

odla
07-22-13, 02:41 PM
I have the uuc on my silver car and i have a modified stock which would be like PISNUOFF shifter. I like the modified one better. I will probably replace the uuc with his sooner or later.