: Bluetooth issue after update

Bryce2.0T
06-14-13, 10:03 PM
My 13' ATS originally had an issue with being able to read the USB drive. Technical dept. from cadillac said to replace the entire gauge cluster, which they did, and also fixed the problem. I was also having the HVAC tapping noise like many have mentioned, so a software update was made. Now, after all this, both displays (Gauge and radio without CUE) will go blank when placing or receiving a phone call.

Without a video, here it was happens:
-It will display XM logo, the channel #, and song info while driving (normal obviously)
-I get an incoming call. It shows contact info on the radio display only (still normal)
-I answer the call
-Instantly, both screens go black, then only display the XM logo and channel #
-Contact info will only show next to the OnStar logo on the gauge display (The OnStar logo is new since update)

While sending a call:
-Still normal driving display on both screens
-I send a phone call out from my phone
-Instantly both screens black out, then show XM logo, and channel #
-No song info or contact info ever shows up

I am being told this is "Normal after the update" and "All new ATS's will do this now" Which I don't believe one second. Before it showed on both screens, making OR receiving phone calls. Am I crazy to think something is wrong here? Is anyone else having the blank screen issue?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-13, 05:10 PM
My 13' ATS originally had an issue with being able to read the USB drive. Technical dept. from cadillac said to replace the entire gauge cluster, which they did, and also fixed the problem. I was also having the HVAC tapping noise like many have mentioned, so a software update was made. Now, after all this, both displays (Gauge and radio without CUE) will go blank when placing or receiving a phone call.

Without a video, here it was happens:
-It will display XM logo, the channel #, and song info while driving (normal obviously)
-I get an incoming call. It shows contact info on the radio display only (still normal)
-I answer the call
-Instantly, both screens go black, then only display the XM logo and channel #
-Contact info will only show next to the OnStar logo on the gauge display (The OnStar logo is new since update)

While sending a call:
-Still normal driving display on both screens
-I send a phone call out from my phone
-Instantly both screens black out, then show XM logo, and channel #
-No song info or contact info ever shows up

I am being told this is "Normal after the update" and "All new ATS's will do this now" Which I don't believe one second. Before it showed on both screens, making OR receiving phone calls. Am I crazy to think something is wrong here? Is anyone else having the blank screen issue?

Hello Bryce2.OT,

I have reached out to an internal resource of mine with your question. Will it be ok if I message you privately with their response when I get in the office on Tuesday? Thank you for your time and I look forward to updating you on Tuesday.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Bryce2.0T
06-17-13, 06:09 PM
I'm fine with that. I will make a video and put the link on here soon

Bryce2.0T
06-21-13, 01:53 AM
Any news? I got a service email from a 3rd party on Wednesday no P.Ms so far

smittyg68
06-21-13, 02:05 AM
My cue does the same thing w Bluetooth incoming/outgoing calls. Could you pls let me know if there is a resolve ? Thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-24-13, 09:44 AM
Any news? I got a service email from a 3rd party on Wednesday no P.Ms so far

Hello Bryce2.0T,

My name is Laura M. and I help monitor this site with Gregory W. I see the issues that you have been having with your vehicle. I also see you mentioned reaching out to a third party who responded back with information? We can continue our interaction via private message if you would like to, so it can be easiest for me to continue our interactions. I will PM you.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

pblethen
08-01-13, 09:37 PM
This seems to be the most appropriate thread.... I have a 2013 ATS with fairly recent CUE updates. My Galaxy S4 will stop streaming audio randomly, while using a Bluetooth connection. A droid Bionic and the direct audio cable does not.