: Engine Oil Dipstick Tube

EscaladePatrick
06-14-13, 08:25 PM
I broke my engine oil dipstick tube and wanted to replace it with something other than OEM. I'm not sure how to locate one that fits my 2004 Escalade. I'm not sure if the flexible tube will work because the tube presses into the block down low and connects via a bracket up top. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much in advance.

the cadillac man
06-14-13, 08:48 PM
I broke my engine oil dipstick tube and wanted to replace it with something other than OEM. I'm not sure how to locate one that fits my 2004 Escalade. I'm not sure if the flexible tube will work because the tube presses into the block down low and connects via a bracket up top. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much in advance.

www.gmpartsdirect.com is a good source
Or rock auto
You can pm rippyspartsdept also

Guyz1996deville
06-15-13, 01:20 AM
Good call on Gm parts direct. What I always do is call the dealership, give them your vin and have them look up the part number. Tell them you are going to come down and grab the part. Take the number and go to Gm parts dirct . com and pay half the price!

the cadillac man
06-15-13, 02:09 AM
Good call on Gm parts direct. What I always do is call the dealership, give them your vin and have them look up the part number. Tell them you are going to come down and grab the part. Take the number and go to Gm parts dirct . com and pay half the price!

I am the same way the service manager knows I do this though and had have me part numbers over the phone before(thank goodness I have a dealer I can trust)