Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2006 fuel reading low

626 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
My 06 sts will read185 miles till empty and i will go 8 miles and it will say 100 miles till empty??????

#2 ·
It all depends on how you drove those 8 miles....If it was stop and go traffic then your AVG MPG is going to plummet thus reducing your range significantly...I never pay too much attention to the INST MPG, Range, AVG MPG, etc., they all vary so much since there are so many variables that can impact their read outs...

#3 ·
Hello cadman007,

I apologize that your STS is indicating you the wrong mileage until the fuel tank is empty. Curtc is right, there are multiple factors that can influence MPG. If you are concerned about this issue and would like to take it into a dealership for diagnosis, I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them. Please send me a private message with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to be in contact with so I can reach out to them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.