: Electrical problems due to a close lightning strike.

acleeds
06-14-13, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone, first time posting, new to the Cadillac world.

I have a 08 and it seems the tree next to my driveway took a lightning strike, tripped half the breakers in my house. When i started up the SRX the warning for anti-lock brakes and traction control were on. I looked over the fuse area and tried to match up what was in the GM users manual.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what to check, or ideas before i take it into the dealer?

Thank you,

sgilbert
06-14-13, 04:53 PM
Not a clue, but I advise you contact your insurance company 1st. If, for nothing else, to advise them of the possible claim BEFORE you get a diagnosis from the dealer. Their adjuster MAY want to look it over before the dealer.

acleeds
06-14-13, 05:03 PM
Thank you, was going to call insurance this afternoon.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 05:15 PM
Hello everyone, first time posting, new to the Cadillac world.

I have a 08 and it seems the tree next to my driveway took a lightning strike, tripped half the breakers in my house. When i started up the SRX the warning for anti-lock brakes and traction control were on. I looked over the fuse area and tried to match up what was in the GM users manual.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what to check, or ideas before i take it into the dealer?

Thank you,

Hello acleeds,

Welcome to the forum! It is such a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners. I am sorry for this experience you went through due to lightning. Please keep me updated on your situation. If there are any questions or concerns you would like to further discuss, reach out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

conedoctor
06-14-13, 06:31 PM
Wheel sensor, steering position sensor to name a few.

PJ1520
06-14-13, 10:07 PM
I thought that the rubber tires prevented such electrical damage and was the reason why one was protected from lightening strikes when in one's car. A myth? PJ

sgilbert
06-14-13, 11:38 PM
I thought that the rubber tires prevented such electrical damage and was the reason why one was protected from lightening strikes when in one's car. A myth? PJ

One is--just not the car itself.

PJ1520
06-14-13, 11:49 PM
SGILBERT......I also read somewhere that twin turbos in the MKT help you outrun lightening strikes.

sgilbert
06-15-13, 10:08 AM
:) True dat!