: Clunk in Driver Front Suspension

tlsmikey
06-14-13, 01:40 PM
My car's in for service at the moment and they tell me that the clunk i have reported in the drivers right front is normal for these cars. I can hear one big clunk on an accelerating right turn from a stop or when i back out of a driveway with the wheel turned. I'm told its suspension/control arm movement and there is no real cure for this.

Does this sound right? I'm surpised that there's that much movement in a suspension with 35k on the clock.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 04:10 PM
My car's in for service at the moment and they tell me that the clunk i have reported in the drivers right front is normal for these cars. I can hear one big clunk on an accelerating right turn from a stop or when i back out of a driveway with the wheel turned. I'm told its suspension/control arm movement and there is no real cure for this.

Does this sound right? I'm surpised that there's that much movement in a suspension with 35k on the clock.

Hello tlsmikey,

I apologize for the clunk noise your vehicle is experiencing. If you would like to discuss this concern, please private message me with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

BigDog001
06-15-13, 06:13 AM

I it is normal we all have it -- especially in the colder months.

MASCAD
06-15-13, 07:11 AM

What tires do you have? The stock tires are noted for "crabbing" and making a rather loud popping noise when the wheels are turned hard at low speeds especially if the ambient temp. is low. Many post on this that you can search for.