: New Bushings but still shakes, any ideas?

voodoochikin04
06-14-13, 01:48 PM
My 2004 V has newly installed revshift blue motor mounts, and previously installed creative steel trans mount & rear diff bushing. Prior to the revshift mounts, (shot gm MM) the engine would buck when taking off hard, and would shake quite a bit when shutting down. Now even with the new mounts in, it still shakes and rattles quite a bit when I shut it off. Im questioning this issue because my friend also installed new Revshift blue mounts to replace his worn out gm MM, and his shake went away completely. Any ideas?

odla
06-14-13, 02:28 PM
Bad install of the mounts? Just shooting that out there.

voodoochikin04
06-14-13, 02:55 PM
lol.. could be a possibility, but its pretty straight forward. 100% sure all bolts were tightened down. unless something came loose. Ill report back what I find.

Skidmarcx
06-14-13, 03:01 PM
Sounds like possible flywheel

voodoochikin04
06-14-13, 03:06 PM
Really? because SOME mornings I have a slight ticking sound when I start up, and it will stop if I touch in the clutch a hair, but also goes away after a minute on its own.. What issues does a bad flywheel have? I have zero experience with dual mass flywheels.

HAMSTAR
06-14-13, 03:49 PM
The weights can stick, leading to imbalance, and could possibly lead to the symptoms you're showing. Darkman, what say ye?

darkman
06-14-13, 07:23 PM
Dieseling on shutdown can be caused by motor mounts (already eliminated here); a worn dual mass flywheel (already mentioned above) which is a spring loaded device - the springs weaken, but usually only after pretty high mileage; or a leaky fuel injector, which continues to flow fuel into the cylinder after shutoff - a leaky injector can also "tick" under normal operation.

JFensty
06-18-13, 11:07 AM
Dieseling on shutdown can be caused by motor mounts (already eliminated here); a worn dual mass flywheel (already mentioned above) which is a spring loaded device - the springs weaken, but usually only after pretty high mileage; or a leaky fuel injector, which continues to flow fuel into the cylinder after shutoff - a leaky injector can also "tick" under normal operation.

So is the tick from a leaky injector at idle or will it get more pronounced as rpm increases like a header leak? What is the life expectancy of an injector? I have been chasing a noisy valve train but feel this could be the answer.

darkman
06-18-13, 11:27 AM
A leaky injector, or a noisy healthy injector for that matter, is more likely to tick when under worked, which means it is more load sensitive than rpm sensitive. (For example, revving a motor in neutral involves high rpm but not a high load level.)

JFensty
06-18-13, 08:54 PM
Any cure? Or just deal with the tick?

darkman
06-18-13, 09:16 PM
Any cure? Or just deal with the tick?

It is matter of testing the fuel system to see if there is a leaky injector; isolating the leaky injector if there is one; and replacing it.

See attached.