: Kinda sad story , any ideas ?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-03-05, 03:23 PM
Hey guys , im sitting here at work . We got this one dude real nice guy , class act. Anyway he goes over next door to this "Dollar General" place. He talks to this lady shes like 50 years old. Apprently some years ago she was in a car crash and lost her teeth and they had to run some kind of implant thing so she could have some sort of teeth. Well 15 years later those implant things came out. Dollar General wants to fire her cuz she cant smile at the customers. On top of this she cant chew solid food and has muscular distrphy (spelling?). Dentists want like 5 grand to do the work and she dont have that , she works like 20 hours a week and has disability. Medicaid wont cover it ...local churhes say they wont help.....Basicly no one will ....

I told the dude maybe salvation army can help , and maybe call a couple local TV stations to see what they can do ...weve also called a few other denists but no one wants to help , they just want money.....

anyway anyone got any ideas on a organization that might help ?

caddydaddy
02-03-05, 03:42 PM
I don't think they can fire someone just on the basis of her teeth falling out!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-03-05, 03:43 PM
yah i know , thats pretty jacked up isnt it ?

caddydaddy
02-03-05, 03:45 PM
It sounds like a labor law violation! Where's Jesse Jackson! LOL!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-03-05, 03:48 PM
then again its florida , right to work state ...i think they can fire you for anything down here

D148L0
02-03-05, 04:02 PM
Ebay, baby!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14882&item=2996979006

D148L0
02-03-05, 04:03 PM
I know, I know, I'm going to hell...

davesdeville
02-03-05, 04:10 PM
Yeah, get it on the news, people will feel bad and call the place and she won't get fired. It would be better for her to get new implants but at least she wouldn't get fired...

Ralph
02-03-05, 04:12 PM
I got turned down for a job a few years ago because I wear glasses and I was applying to a lazer surgury place! You should have seen the look on the interviewer's face when I walked into the office! LOL! They flat-out told me the reason when I asked them!

It happens. I can understand employers say at a dentist's office wanting people to have good teeth to smile at customers because it reflects on the entire business, but that lady is in a bad spot and I feel for her!

Maybe you could organize donations or something and suprise her? If you have spare time go into her office and see if there might be interest in this? I don't know. I know that employers insist on a good physical appearance for most jobs, unless you are a garbage man.

Can she just get dentures? Maybe they are cheaper?

Ralph
02-03-05, 04:16 PM
Ebay, baby!

Why in the world would people waste space on ebay for crap like that! :helpless:

p.s. those aren't good teeth anyway. :shhh:

RBraczyk
02-03-05, 04:27 PM
America, land of the free...If we were only more willing to help those in our country than those that don't even belong to it.

Kev
02-03-05, 04:37 PM
Ebay, baby!

I know, I know, I'm going to hell...
That is SO cold!
Oh, you are a bad bad man! :devillaug
You're evil and you must be destroyed! :lildevil:
lol

Kev

Kels55
02-03-05, 04:55 PM
She should let herself get fired then sue for discrimination and then she can buy new teeth and the whole store if she wants. (Note: I am not for taking people to court, but this would be one of those times)

PS: Getting the news involved would definitely get the store off her back and probably find some people that would donate the money.

1toycad
02-04-05, 02:47 PM
What? No dental insurance at work?

No state aid?

No dentist willing to do the work for free (or at low cost for goodwill and free publicity)?

This makes no sense

Stoneage_Caddy
02-04-05, 03:15 PM
yah its a werid story ....wish i could get another sid eof it ...just wondering if there is something that missing that i dont know

Daniel Almestica
02-04-05, 04:34 PM
what about school here ny you can go to a dentists school and have it done for half the price. good luck

Hey guys , im sitting here at work . We got this one dude real nice guy , class act. Anyway he goes over next door to this "Dollar General" place. He talks to this lady shes like 50 years old. Apprently some years ago she was in a car crash and lost her teeth and they had to run some kind of implant thing so she could have some sort of teeth. Well 15 years later those implant things came out. Dollar General wants to fire her cuz she cant smile at the customers. On top of this she cant chew solid food and has muscular distrphy (spelling?). Dentists want like 5 grand to do the work and she dont have that , she works like 20 hours a week and has disability. Medicaid wont cover it ...local churhes say they wont help.....Basicly no one will ....

I told the dude maybe salvation army can help , and maybe call a couple local TV stations to see what they can do ...weve also called a few other denists but no one wants to help , they just want money.....

anyway anyone got any ideas on a organization that might help ?

Daniel Almestica
02-04-05, 04:37 PM
it's fl what more do you want!

What? No dental insurance at work?

No state aid?

No dentist willing to do the work for free (or at low cost for goodwill and free publicity)?

This makes no sense

D148L0
02-04-05, 04:59 PM
Daniel, what about writing after the quotes and not viceversa?