: Lincoln's SuperBowl Ad Pulled?

gothicaleigh
02-03-05, 04:19 PM
I just caught the end of a report on CNN saying that Lincoln's SuperBowl ad for the Mark LT pickup has been pulled due to controversial content. The few seconds they did show has a priest lusting over the truck... :lildevil:

Anyone see a description of the ad anywhere? I think censorship has become a bit too tight if all it takes is a priest desiring a truck to get an ad pulled...

Or is there more to it that CNN didn't show?

Ralph
02-03-05, 04:24 PM
I think people get way too offended too easily nowadays. You can't even have a sense of humour without offending someone, heaven forbid. :helpless:

I don't get it, a priest can't want to drive a luxury truck?? ;)

D148L0
02-03-05, 04:48 PM
???????

illumina
02-03-05, 10:36 PM
That or they're affraid that Tom Brady will sue them... :hmm:

gothicaleigh
02-04-05, 01:36 AM
Does anyone really understand why Tom Brady was so upset with Cadillac? I sure don't.

First, they give him a free car. As he is waiting for it to be produced, he changes his mind and wants a different model. Cadillac has no problem with this and puts him on the list for that model. Then, he has the nerve to bad mouth the company because it took so long to be delivered?

Is there something I'm missing?

illumina
02-04-05, 01:46 AM
Does anyone really understand why Tom Brady was so upset with Cadillac? I sure don't.

First, they give him a free car. As he is waiting for it to be produced, he changes his mind and wants a different model. Cadillac has no problem with this and puts him on the list for that model. Then, he has the nerve to bad mouth the company because it took so long to be delivered?

Is there something I'm missing?

Do you see the puppy in my avatar? Tom needs to be force-fed some pure yellow-lab teeth so he can quit his whining (don't really know why he has a malfunction, don't care).

If i was given an XLR (or whatever model), you can be rest assured that I wouldn't act like a cry-baby if I didn't get it right away (I think that was one reason). Oh well, the Eagles will give him his due reward (ass-kicking) Sunday, therefore, he will have yet another reason to sue someone (Jevon Kerse for one).

c5 rv
02-04-05, 08:34 PM
I'd like to see the Lincoln ad, if possible. Being ex-Catholic, it sounds pretty good.

As for Tom Brady, as I understand it, the contract he signed with Cadillac to use his likeness expired and GM asked to extend it. He said no, but the commercials with him in them ran anyway.

chris203
02-06-05, 03:42 AM
I don't think Tom Brady wanted his XLR that badly because he gave it away to my high school for a raffle we were having. By the way, my school is the same school he graduated from (Serra High School).