: Tire Shine and white paint

Cadjiek
06-14-13, 11:47 AM
I always like to use tire shine on my tires. My black STS always seemed to shine even more when I would apply this stuff.
The problem I have with my White Diamond XTS is that is shows the splatters a lot. I used regular Armoural but that just doesn't do it for me. Today I applied Black Magic Tire Wax and wiped it real good with a rag. Maybe that will help. Any ideas other than going back to a black car?

vel7wil
06-14-13, 01:22 PM
I've tried 2 different options and both r good....one more expensive than the other tho. Option 1-is a product I order on line called "Looks Wet, No Mess. Its a spray on that doesn't spin off bought 6 cans abt a year ago and down to the last one now. Option 2 is Macguire's Hot Shine, I apply it with a tire applicator and wipe in real good, very little spin off if any.

Cadjiek
06-14-13, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I might try the Meguires. Is your car white?

C&C
06-14-13, 01:46 PM
I used Stoner's More Shine; spray on, stays put and last fairly long as well. (I have white pearl as well; no problems)

vel7wil
06-14-13, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I might try the Meguires. Is your car white?

Naw its the Tri-Color Black Diamond, but I'm reallllly anal about spin off :)

thebigjimsho
06-19-13, 04:44 PM
When I was young and dumb I thought shiny tires was the bomb.

Now, I hate them.

Personally, a clean smudge-free tire looks far better. No splatter and no added brake dust on your wheels. And no need to spend more time and money cleaning brake dust off the tires and then reshining...

BlueAngel#07
06-19-13, 06:59 PM
Here goes a ghetto solution, but... It works... Ready

Mop n Glow......

Sounds nuts but it shines like crazy, dries in minutes, and lasts for days. The catch is that the tire has to be CLEAN before you apply it

Cadjiek
06-19-13, 09:22 PM
No problem. My tires are always spotless before I treat them.

TulsaVic
06-20-13, 10:56 AM
Sometimes I'm a glossy, sometimes a matte. For the matte look I've sprayed on a solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and gone once around the tires with a soft brush (like a shoe shine brush for example), then rinsed off. Cleans the tires without leaving a dirt catching residue on the chrome wheels.

RicktheRealtor
06-20-13, 04:15 PM
I always like to use tire shine on my tires. My black STS always seemed to shine even more when I would apply this stuff.
The problem I have with my White Diamond XTS is that is shows the splatters a lot. I used regular Armoural but that just doesn't do it for me. Today I applied Black Magic Tire Wax and wiped it real good with a rag. Maybe that will help. Any ideas other than going back to a black car? I always apply it the evening before and let it dry overnight. Less spin off when dry. Plus, use less.