: Just bought an InfraRed 2006 CTS V with 2,000 Miles

phoff
06-14-13, 09:12 AM
Showroom new with the window sticker still on the car. For now I am only going to upgrade the shifter. Leaning towards UUC.

Bought the car from a dealer in NJ.

HAMSTAR
06-14-13, 09:58 AM
What--- how? There's got to be a story there.

With regard to shifter-- do the PISNUOFF modified shifter. I have the UUC, which is good, but from all reports, the PISNUOFF edges it out.

And congrats!!! How much did you pay?

phoff
06-14-13, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info.

Older guy owned it. He never drove it. Just sat in the garage. Still smells brand new inside the car. Original oil. I did change that already. Still had the tag on seats describing the leather and how to care for it. Nothing ever in the trunk or back seat.

Paid $29,100 for it.

jcollege
06-14-13, 11:23 AM
Wow great find there man!

phoff
06-14-13, 11:30 AM
Thanks.

I have to get used to the color. It is loaded with Metallic and changes color when the sun hits it ect.

HAMSTAR
06-14-13, 11:32 AM
member Fuzzylogic has really dialed in the look of the infrared, getting the perfect balance of blacked out parts and rim color and everything looking amazing. you should check out his build.

mberisha
06-14-13, 11:38 AM
Congrats.....2,000m? Wow...nice find....

Post more pics of that bad boy....especially the interior.....

phoff
06-14-13, 11:51 AM
Do you have a link to the Fuzzylogic build?

I will post some more pics over the weekend.

SevillianSTS
06-14-13, 12:47 PM
Nice :)

mberisha
06-14-13, 12:48 PM
Congrats.....2,000m? Wow...nice find....

Post more pics of that bad boy....especially the interior.....

-EDIT-
Double Post?

odla
06-14-13, 01:32 PM
Great find. I agree to go with the PISNUOFF shifter. I have a uuc on my wife's silver car and when i get time i will change that over to PISNUOFF shifter. I also have a stock modified one in my black car. Way better than the uuc and PISNUOFF shifter is just a better version of the stock modified one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 02:22 PM
Showroom new with the window sticker still on the car. For now I am only going to upgrade the shifter. Leaning towards UUC.

Bought the car from a dealer in NJ.

Hello phoff,

That is an awesome find! Looks like the vehicle is in great condition. Enjoy driving it around :)

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

HAMSTAR
06-14-13, 02:47 PM
FYI phoff, the Caddilac corporate people that post on the boards here are useless. Just ignore them.

alradco
06-14-13, 05:22 PM
What a find, congrats.

trhs75
06-14-13, 06:19 PM
That is so cool! Wish I had found one that color when I bought my '05 in 2009!

tophat
06-14-13, 06:34 PM
Thats an awesome find, congrats and enjoy every bit of it. Love mine

rand49er
06-14-13, 09:24 PM
Wow, I'd be tempted to squirrel that thing away in some climate-controlled vault somewhere and take it to Barrett-Jackson some day.

Aldixie
06-15-13, 08:05 AM
Great find. I thought my 2004 with 14000 was good.

phoff
06-15-13, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to drive it. I guess not to many people tucked these away. I will post a few more pictures tomorrow night.

2007ThunderV
06-16-13, 12:19 AM
Wow nice low mileage

Nice find
I though I have kept mine low at 16k

DDS rollin a CTS
06-16-13, 10:14 AM
In my opinion by far and away the worst abuse you can bestow onto a car is to "squirrel it away in a garage hoping to take it to Barrett Jackson someday". Cars are meant to be driven. /rant.

Nice car, nice find man. I thought I was looking at a primo example a few years ago when I found one with just less than 10k. They wanted way too much for it though and it wouldn't have stayed low mileage for long (I've put over 50k on mine in 2 years).

2007ThunderV
06-16-13, 09:06 PM
Nah I like having cream puff mint cars that I keep for nice sunny day drives
I have a daily driver that gets beat up by shopping carts , and inconsiderate people
I would not want a nice v getting pounded

RyRidesMotoX
06-16-13, 09:12 PM
Nah I like having cream puff mint cars that I keep for nice sunny day drives
I have a daily driver that gets beat up by shopping carts , and inconsiderate people
I would not want a nice v getting pounded

I was thinking about getting a daily driver but I only drive like 15 miles round trip for work... and it is locked in a secure/gated lot at work. I take my girl's SUV to the store most of the time in case a shopping cart or door hits it... but that said, I don't care if i am driving a brand new car or a beat up old piece of junk, it still makes me mad if someone drives a shopping car into it or opens their door into mine...

If I had a V with the miles of the OP's and (undoubtedly) the paint quality... I would probably throat punch someone for opening a door into it or hitting it with a cart or backing into it... but I woudl still drive it all the time.

Side note- anyone else's wife/girlfriend/fiancee HATE when you park a mile away just so you get an end spot to hug a curb or whatever to give the other morons more room to open doors and such? I do it EVERY time

carlson_mn
06-16-13, 09:58 PM
Live your life afraid to enjoy driving your V because of a parking lot scratch? WTF park in the back of the parking lot and walk an extra 15 seconds. 100k miles on mine and it looks awesome.

2007ThunderV
06-17-13, 07:29 AM
Oh trust me I enjoy driving my v

Down the twisty back roads are a dream , Especially when there is a straight away to. Blast a few gears or come to a stop and let her rip
I don't need to take it to a grocery store to enjoy it
Nice car op

odla
06-17-13, 09:58 AM
My wife parks the same way i do whenever possible. lol all the way in the back.

trhs75
06-17-13, 11:29 PM
I always told my wife and daughters I'd be happy to drop them off and pick them up at the door since I would park far away!

CoSteve
06-18-13, 02:00 PM
Here's a black one in Denver with 9500 miles..

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3853870651.html

Steve

Steve

9t8z28
06-18-13, 02:09 PM
Nice find! So how does GM recommend we care for the leather and microfiber seats?

JD03Cobra
06-18-13, 03:14 PM
Congrats!! What a find...

2007ThunderV
06-18-13, 03:36 PM
Nice find! So how does GM recommend we care for the leather and microfiber seats?

I use mild soapy water with a microfiber cloth for the swade and a high end leather conditioner for the leather
I don't like greasy products
I have had luck with mink oil , it dries to a nice mat finish and makes the leather nice and soft

V for victory
06-18-13, 11:24 PM
Awesome Find, the very best of luck with it.

lx5.0
06-19-13, 07:14 PM
Nice find n I wanted to ask wats the pinsuoff shifter I'm kinda new to the whole cts v

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

phoff
06-20-13, 09:51 AM
Who does the best Tuning? I did a search but a lot of the info is several years old. SteathyV still doing tunes?

Stepside
07-06-13, 07:19 PM
:hmm:If you are in the NY or NJ area,
then consider the Vette Drs. or East Coast Supercharging.
But, a supercharger and tuned correctly and you will experience
a car that has that 'seat in the pants' feel :burn: that a pressurized engine gives.
And, you'll still retain great fuel mileage.

I use to have a 2007 'Red Jewel Tint Coat' aka 'Infrared'
It had & still has (lives in another State with a happy owner)
9" wide wheels in the front & 10" wide in the back
And, yes . . it is Supercharged.
Good Luck with your New Ride.:vulcan:

Magnum369
07-08-13, 07:10 PM
FYI phoff, the Caddilac corporate people that post on the boards here are useless. Just ignore them.

What's YOUR Problem with someone congratulating "phoff" on the Purchase of a Beautiful Looking CTS-V?? Why does that make them "Useless"? It's called a "Compliment". He can probably also make His OWN Decision as to "Ignoring" them or not.

Nice Wheels phoff! Mine's a 2007 "White Pearl" Sport Edition. I Like Your Color Better! Wanna Swap:thumbsup:?

I put in a "Homemade" CA Intake. BIG Difference in Acceleration!

louster47
07-10-13, 08:55 AM
Congrats on the new V... Please do me a favor and drive the hell out of it. I will never understand why people spend all that money just to tuck something like that away in a garage. I am a Private Investigator and I travel all over the south east in mine. I am just about to turn 100k. It is still just as clean as it was the day I bought it.

mberisha
07-10-13, 09:17 AM
^^^A private dick? A real live gum-shoe?

Magnum369
07-11-13, 07:44 PM
^^^A private dick? A real live gum-shoe?

Now You've done it!!!:) The "Private Dick" part I can understand ....(I Think???)

Now I gotta hit "Google" for a definition of "Gum Shoe" !!!! :suspense:

EDIT: Hundreds Of Them!!!

gumshoe

An old slang term for a detective or investigator (police-affiliated or private). Variants include "dick" or "private dick," the connotations of which were not meant to be obscene.

Shoes in the late 1800s were made of gum rubber - the soft-soled precursors of the modern sneaker. The phrase "to gumshoe" meant to sneak around quietly as if wearing gumshoes.

"Gumshoe man" was originally slang for "thief," but by about 1908 the term "gumshoe" was used to refer to a police detective, and the term has stuck ever since (pun intended).

Now we can all "Rest Easy" !!! :yawn::yawn:

liqidvenom
07-12-13, 02:55 AM
congrats on your car purchase. I would make sure that you go and swap all the fluids you can, especially any of them which absorb moisture.

and for the rest of the people who keep their miles off the car. thats like not banging your gf so that shes nice and tight for the next guy. go out and enjoy what you spend money on. hell you live in your house which i hope costs more than your car.