: Revshift vs creative steel

mwolfe43
06-14-13, 02:26 AM
Hey guys i need to do my motor mounts, tranny mounts, diff bushings etc. Im drawn between going with revshift or creative steel. I would like to keep all of the parts the same brand unless one item is way better than the other. What should i go with? What are your guys opinion? Also is there any other companies that would be better. Im new to the V world. Thanks guys

VscharesV
06-14-13, 03:09 AM
If you want to go with the same company. I would go with revshift so you can do your rear cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings also. But expect a wait.

Revshift
06-14-13, 10:19 AM
I'll quote what I have said in other threads.

We do not like talking about competitors products but in this case I feel it is necessary. There is a huge difference between our mounts and their mounts. There are different types and grades of polyurethane. Unfortunately, a lot of people, including some companies, are not aware of this. Our competitor, the one in question, uses a type of polyurethane adhesive sealant which is similar to urethane windshield caulk. It is not acceptable material to use as mounts or bushings. This is the reason why you hear about their mounts sagging, cracking, and melting.

Our mounts and bushings are made from a high quality polyurethane polymer that is intended for automotive use. We process the raw materials and mold the parts ourselves. Unlike our competitors, we actually know the science behind polymer production. We have sold many sets of CTS-V motor mounts and have not had one single failure to date. There has been one instance where a customer installed the motor mounts without any heat shielding and had an exhaust leak which pointed directly at the motor mount. This resulted in a surface blemish on the motor mount but did not cause a failure. We recommend heat shields as a preventative measure in the case of an exhaust leak or some other kind of abnormal occurrence. We also offer two different choices of hardness. 80A blue and 95A red, the 80A is recommended for street use and daily driving, the 95A is recommended for race applications due to its stiffness.

We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane bushings and mounts.

There is quite a bit of information in the thread from which I quoted myself. You can read through it here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/263441-rev-shift-motor-mounts-install-writeup.html

Scott2012
06-14-13, 07:50 PM
Redshift! I have all the bushings incl MMs- love em!!

philistine
06-14-13, 11:46 PM
I still need my stickers Revshift...grrr

mwolfe43
06-17-13, 03:42 PM
Thanks everyone, really appreciate it!

LS6Steve
06-18-13, 07:09 PM
I have creative steel motor/trans mounts and I can tell you, the trans mount is coming out. It is too hard and makes a LOT of noise that mimics the sound of a bad input shaft bearing.

I'm going to give the Revshift insert a try on the stock trans mount and see if it works better. If it does, I'll be buying a full set of bushings from them to re-do the entire rear.

runsfromdacops
06-19-13, 10:58 AM
I have the cs motot mounts and tranny mount. Ant they are holding up just fine on my car at 876/860. What more can u ask for?

HAMSTAR
06-19-13, 11:11 AM
There's like a recent trend to badmouth CS, without much justification. Their stuff has been around longer, so it's impossible to compare durability with Revshift like for like.

LS6Steve
06-20-13, 01:30 PM
Just pulled my CS trans mount and installed the stocker back in with the Revshift insert. It has completely resolved the noise that has been plaguing my car forever. I've literally replaced the driveshaft (suspecting the carrier bearing) AND had the transmission overhauled with new bearings under warranty (suspecting an input shaft bearing) to chase this noise, and all along it was this POS trans mount. This is all the justification I need. The CS mount looks brand new still, but just felt like crap in the car. No comparison what so ever.

BTW someone can have this doorstop for free (pay shipping) if they want to try it out.

philistine
06-20-13, 09:24 PM
^^^ Haha yeah the Revshift transmission mount is a pretty crafty design and it works! I cannot comment on the CS stuff because I never used their transmission mount. I did however have the CS motor mounts, wrapped and with heat shields - I didn't notice any difference when I installed the Revshift MM. In fact the CS MMs seen plenty of track days and they were in perfect condition.

I think Revshift hit the nail on the head with replacing the OEM bushings. However, CS does give the community a turn-key 8.8 rear-end with a very decent price. If they had a sale (hint, hint) I would pull the plug and snatch it up instead of pushing it out on my mod list.

runsfromdacops
06-21-13, 12:08 PM
Your right about the 8.8 kit. It is by far the best mod I have done on my car and worth every penny

BradCTSV
06-29-13, 04:02 AM
I'm VERY happy with my CS 8.8 and their mmounts, trans mount, shifter rod bushings, and lower shock bushings. The whole drivetrain feels great!

Mrs.LS6
07-01-13, 06:56 PM
Go with Revshift.

DavidBoren
07-01-13, 07:56 PM
RevShift has a wider selection of bushings, and you can choose what firmness of polyurethane you want. If you want to stick with one company, RevShift is the only way to go because they simply offer more.

Blown_Red_97z
07-03-13, 02:27 AM
Guys I'm still trying to figure out if these poly mounts add tons of vibration and harshness into the car? I want to overhaul all of the bushings as well but before in my Fbody the poly mount was a vibrating pos. also with the rev speed poly insert what type of press do you need to press out the stock and insert the poly? Is it something you can take to an auto shop really quick and get them to do I on a hydraulic press or us it easy and use a table clamp setup? Thanks

FuzzyLogic
07-03-13, 08:48 AM
My gosh man. Read some of the installation threads and driving impressions before asking questions like that. There's no need to have five hundred threads on the same subject when the answers are already there.

MotorMounts
07-03-13, 12:53 PM
Just pulled my CS trans mount and installed the stocker back in with the Revshift insert. It has completely resolved the noise that has been plaguing my car forever. I've literally replaced the driveshaft (suspecting the carrier bearing) AND had the transmission overhauled with new bearings under warranty (suspecting an input shaft bearing) to chase this noise, and all along it was this POS trans mount. This is all the justification I need. The CS mount looks brand new still, but just felt like crap in the car. No comparison what so ever.

BTW someone can have this doorstop for free (pay shipping) if they want to try it out.

I'll take it, we've sold a gob of trans mounts with no calls to complain. Send it to me, I'll cut it apart for inspection, if there was a problem I will refund your money. I've said it more than once, if anyone ever has a problem with any of our parts, call us, for crying out loud...call us. It is the best way for you the customer to be satisfied. If you think there is something wrong with what you bought from us don't give it away, don't throw it away. Call us first, we're not going to rake you over the coals to get a refund. We're here to help, not here to sell junk then leave you hanging if your expectations aren't met.

Junior1
07-03-13, 04:51 PM
Eveyone needs to understand the driveline alignment, slop, and harmonics of this platform are horrible.

A few MM's here or there and you are moving things completely out of line. Add in certain driving environments, mileage, temperature fluctuations, wear and tear as well as owner driving style and I doubt there is going to be any one standard per se.
Which is why you'll see certain people running into issues with one product and not another.

Even with my conversion I still have one of the lowest mileaged cars around (just broke 12k) and I am running a mixture of UUC parts and RevShift parts without issues and the car lives mosty in triple digits now.

I think its not so much as to which is better or worse but more of which product will pair up better with the overall vehicle.
Case in point, a new tranny mount may be a few thousanths higher than the old one its replacing and create a whole mess of vibration, where as that same vehicle can take just the tranny insert in the original mount and never run into an issue...

liqidvenom
07-05-13, 02:38 PM
Eveyone needs to understand the driveline alignment, slop, and harmonics of this platform are horrible.

A few MM's here or there and you are moving things completely out of line. Add in certain driving environments, mileage, temperature fluctuations, wear and tear as well as owner driving style and I doubt there is going to be any one standard per se.
Which is why you'll see certain people running into issues with one product and not another.

Even with my conversion I still have one of the lowest mileaged cars around (just broke 12k) and I am running a mixture of UUC parts and RevShift parts without issues and the car lives mosty in triple digits now.

I think its not so much as to which is better or worse but more of which product will pair up better with the overall vehicle.
Case in point, a new tranny mount may be a few thousanths higher than the old one its replacing and create a whole mess of vibration, where as that same vehicle can take just the tranny insert in the original mount and never run into an issue...
This comment needs to be posted every time a motor mount thread comes up.