: Car would not accelerate

fasho24
06-13-13, 11:08 PM
I have a 2010 cts wagon premium all wheel drive with 40000 miles. I was at the stop light and when I went to pull off the car would not accelerate. It was like I had it in manual mode but didn't shift out of first gear. Anyone had this problem? It's not doing it anymore.

Tbbt
06-14-13, 09:20 AM
Take it in to your dealer and get it on record that you had a problem. They probably won't pull a code, but get it in writing that you had a problem.
Keep us informed, Marv

jeffc83
06-14-13, 09:54 AM
Interesting that it happened to you too yesterday. In my situation, I was making a left turn with a major pothole in my way. Cars were coming so I threw it in sport and gunned it. It then wound out in third and got stuck there. I then threw it into manual mode and shifted up with no issue. At the next light, I put it back into econ auto and have had no other issues since. No codes either. (I think my wheels slipped when it was revving up and pissed off the system somehow) I called my dealer just to let them know and would recommend you do the same as Marv stated.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 12:07 PM
I have a 2010 cts wagon premium all wheel drive with 40000 miles. I was at the stop light and when I went to pull off the car would not accelerate. It was like I had it in manual mode but didn't shift out of first gear. Anyone had this problem? It's not doing it anymore.

Hi fasho24,

Just as the others stated, I recommend letting the dealer know of the situation, in case it happens again in the future. If there are ever any concerns or other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

fasho24
06-14-13, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys!! I'll take it up this weekend and let them know.